First Step towards my project!

-

hemizach

Young Blood
Reaction score
Bought a 318 and 904 trans from my boss a couple of weeks ago and forgot to share with you guys. Some of you have heard that I'll be starting a track roadster project as soon as the rampage is gone. I will be using a model A frame and a "t" body... not sure on the make of the body.

191497_1813583533519_1057978039_32040649_862389_o.jpg

Plans for the engine include a hotter cam, headers, and a nice new holley or eddy carb to sit on top of the Performer intake that's already on it. Not sure if I should get into a little head work and higher compression pistons or not. Trans will get a higher stall converter and a shift kit. The little 318 should be plenty to push the roadster around. And I think the "vintage" cal custom valve covers are going to stay... kinda like them!

Got the engine and trans for 450 bucks but that quickly turned into a 750 dollar bill after sending an engine hoist through the rear window of my truck. Lesson learned, always lay things down flat or tie them down!

Now someone by the rampage so I can go buy that steel body and get started on the chassis!

193188_1813577453367_1057978039_32040645_5401690_o.jpg

...and you also learned a valuable lesson: Keep the load on your truck bed tied down, or below the side rails of the bed.

Remember, anything in the bed that is above the level of the side rails of the truck, is in line with your rear window, at which point your brake peddle becomes your worse enemy.

...and you also learned a valuable lesson: Keep the load on your truck bed tied down, or below the side rails of the bed.

Remember, anything in the bed that is above the level of the side rails of the truck, is in line with your rear window, at which point your brake peddle becomes your worse enemy.

Yeah, learned that one real quick. Apparently a guy I work with told my boss about the incident about it when I was away for a few min and my boss was more concerned about damaging the engine hoist than anything else. Wasn't too happy when I found out about that :wack:

By the way, it already has a PerTronix Flame-thrower II coil and aftermarket Distributor... Don't know what distributor is on it, but the cap is red... Someone at work thought it was a Mallory unit. Could be an Ignitor II? There's a lot of stuff on this engine that I'm going to be able to keep and reuse.

-
Back