First test & tune street 440 Duster

-

hypermite

Reaction score
Finally got the Duster to the track last night. '60 ft times were ok, untill I lowered the pressure in the M/T drag radials. best 60 ft (1.77) was with 30 psi) I went down to 27 & they would spin, (1.8-2.0) I'm running a stock converter, so I'm guessing that held me back some, plus the factory 5/16ths fuel line probably isn't helping much. (29.84 B.P. with a 1010 ft elevation.)still, for an all steel car in full street trim it didn't run too bad. Best pass: 1.77 60' 12.29 @ 110.7 mph.

Attachments

• race122 005.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 538
Nice run! What have you done to the 440, and where is that track Spokane or Yakima?

I hope that mine runs low 12's when I get it back together.

The 440 is approx. 10.3 to 1, Eddy 84cc heads, dual quad intake with 600cfm Eddy carbs, Lunatti voodoo #60303, & 1.5 440 source roller rockers. The car was stumbling a little at the top end & best runs were made shifting at 5000 rpm. The track is about 10 miles East of Yakima.(Renegade is a notoriously slow track, everyone I know runs 2-3 tenths faster at Spokane & Seattle)

Try anywhere from 18-22 psi in the tires and minimize your burnout. Don't need to john force them

The fuel system could use some help especially if you are running a mechanical pump. It's missing some RPM up top with that camshaft and head combo.

Good to get out and nothing broke!

WOO HOO!! My old car sure is Looking good !! congrats! Hope to have the 72 440 Swinger on the road soon too!

Oops, forgot to give credit to my 9 yr. old daughter for the great action shot! 4fortyDemon; No, it's got an 8 3/4 now

Looks good! I would do a good converter and see what happens! My car with a stock line and mechanical pump and 750 eddy ran 12:20s all day long and very consistant! I would put a 150 shot on it and enjoy it as is!

Hey good job, but you will run 3-4 tenths quicker, at Seattle, but not at Spokane. Our clocks are NHRA adjusted, unlike Orvilles silly clocks. You will run 4 teeths slower then Seattle.
I ran 3 10ths quicker at Renegade in my Daytona.
Nice Car
Chris

-
Back