First time Mopar restore (1972 Dodge Demon) HI!

-

19DodgeDemon72

1972 Demon Resto-Mod
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just wanted to throw my hand in the ring here and introduce myself. I'm 37 with more disabilities than our current government in America, so this will be a slow process for me to build. However, I'm positive and looking for guidance in building our family 1972 Dodge Demon for my wife/son/daughter (coming soon). My plans are to do a resto-mod w/ most likely a 440 with 4 speed in the floor. I've restored a truck and 69 mustang fastback for money but this is the first car for ME! Very excited so please help as you can. I have hardly no interior or knowledge about torsion bars and all that good stuff. I totally understand why it's MOPAR OR NO CAR NOW! These cars are fking awesome! Thanks for taking me in and God bless!

PXL_20231029_023356194.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20231028_221108240.jpg

PXL_20231029_201321977.jpg
:):)

Just work on it on weekends. On it for a year now, be glad to give you any advise I can, have fun building it, don't make work out of it

Building a couple of them bad boys myself ...my first was a 72 in 1989 that started my demon craze...flipped over 10 of them in various stages of project cars like these 71's....they sell quicker than any duster...you know the guys with the new ones want an original one in their driveway beside the new school one (challenger) lol....glad you chose a demon and I have parts if you need....good luck and most of us are in your same shape with discrepancies and disabilities....The 340 Demon was Satan's chariot

20231102_130224.jpg

20231004_181329.jpg

20231028_171331.jpg

Building a couple of them bad boys myself ...my first was a 72 in 1989 that started my demon craze...flipped over 10 of them in various stages of project cars like these 71's....they sell quicker than any duster...you know the guys with the new ones want an original one in their driveway beside the new school one (challenger) lol....glad you chose a demon and I have parts if you need....good luck and most of us are in your same shape with discrepancies and disabilities....The 340 Demon was Satan's chariot

View attachment 1716162861

View attachment 1716162862

View attachment 1716162864

Giant ups to you for keeping these beautiful machines running; And not to mention offering parts! I've realized that these cars aren't just cars. They're extensions of who we are and what we love. I got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis after I had a L5/S1 spine fusion and man it's been a real eye-opener for our little family. My little boy loves to be in a garage. I hope teaching him what I know about turning a wrench will prove to him that we don't give up when life throws curveballs. This car is my first real testament to kick *** and prove to myself I ain't giving up. Good stuff man! Defiantly be following you to see updates! (sorry for large text. I can't see for crap on this little phone.) lol

I like you more every time you reply. .God bless a welcome big guy!!

Welcome to the page that's is gonna be a great project! Would like to stay up on the progress!

Welcome from fellow Demon owner, you can rest assured you can find the information you may be lacking to get your Demon built. This website has a large volume of knowledge, but some of the responses may be a bit snarky. Enjoy the madness here!

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Currently building a '71 myself. I've been at it for 6 years, and should be ready for final assembly in the spring. My wife was diagnosed with MS back in 1994 and she is still rockin' it. A positive state of mind is the key. Keep up the good work.

Rooting for you!! I love Demons as well - have 2 of them myself. Keep up the attitude and eat the elephant 1 bite at a time!

Welcome from WI and another Demon lover. I found my Dad's old race car. True GSS Mr Norms 340 6 pack car. More motivational pics...

20221120_223924.jpg

MITP 2023-1.jpg

Tims Pic of Demon.PNG

Demon Driveway 2.jpg

Demon in Driveway.jpg

Demon MCACN.jpg

I defiantly don't need any blue chews when I got you posting stuff like this. Lord man! THE DREAM is real!
I did a build thread and highlighted all the road blocks I encountered, and subsequently my solutions. Keep in mind I am a racer at heart so that is my default solution for all problems. Plus whatever material I had in hand at my shop dictated design! With the caveat I am a welder so my solutions tended to be with a heliarc! I just did it as best I could in my own shop at my own pace. There is several guys on FABO that have build threads and quite frankly they are far superior in craftsmanship, detail and elegance than mine. Some of them are just stunning. I would sure read them, it will save you a lot of labor hours and cost. There are some really creative guys on here. I am just a door kicker!

Remember it’s not a job and have fun and enjoy your build. At least thats what I tell myself.

-
Back