First time out of the garage since I bought it.....

-
I built it & not that long ago, so thank you.

I was a carpenter, from health issues had to retire early. that Turret, is something most don't want to put in the effort or the cash to do anymore.....

How long ago did ya add it?

Knock a hole in the bottom of "that thing" and install a fire pole.............but I digress LOL

Looks NICE.

Yer funny! LOL @ fire pole, you gonna have pole dancers in the drive way, yes? :D

You can drop it off at my place on your way through.
It will save you a lot of hassles shipping it all that way.
Nice car!

nice car.... I thought all ya guys in Alaska drive were trucks, jeeps, or snowmobiles!??? LOL or ride caraboo????? or imports from Russia!??
yes I like the car and house....

The house has sold, so future plans are to get this Dart & the other two 1970 cars to PA, then find a new home for them. Starting a transportation museum back there is my ultimate goal.

This car is very complete & numbers matching, so the only plans for it are a mini-starter & Petronix conversion.

What area of Pa. Are you planing to relocate?

I am looking inside the Carlisle, Gettysburg, York triangle.

This is the story on the car. It was a 'Lot Lizard' at a local used car dealer, it sat on the lot for over two years. They were asking $10,500.00 at first, so I never even bothered to go look at it. They lowered the price after quite a while to around 8K but still no buyer.

My brother works at the local NAPA & he called me at work one day, he said that the lot owner had told the sales people to get rid of it. "I am going on vacation for a month, lower the price to $2,500.00, I DO NOT want to see it on the lot when I get back".

My brother did not have the money, so he called me. I did not have the money either, I had just bought a '70 Valiant.

I went and looked at it anyway. Very neglected, outside the whole time it was on the lot, algae in the grille & moldings, wet carpet.

It was incredibly solid & original though, it even has the 8 3/4" rear end. I spotted a broadcast sheet under the front seat too.

So, I could not pass it up. I pooled what money I had, called a couple guys that owed me money & I rolled up all the change in my change jar that night. I just barely had enough to close the deal when they opened up the next day & it was only two days until my next paycheck, so not a super big deal. They wanted it gone so bad that they even paid for the new registration, tags & title.

It started right up & ran great, everything works. I found a second broadcast sheet in the rear seat back. I removed the wet carpet & it was not worth saving. There was a ‘new’ 1969 penny under it though.

All the numbers match also, it still has the carburetor tag, distributor tag & various paint daubs & stencils here & there.

Thats a nice rig even with all the trouble you went through to get it... Good to hear that being a "lot lizard" it only had wet carpet, and no I bet it didn't have ta tell ya that either!

Moving to PA, in a couple years, I plan to be living in the Hagerstown, MD area so......But, that too is a ways off!

-
Back