first time to the track with new combo (video inside)

-
i know what your sayin but ronnie sox always dry hoped after the burn out.

When was the last time you saw any car at a national event that ran near the front do a dry hop...

There's lots of things we did 30 years ago that we don't do now.

When was the last time you saw any car at a national event that ran near the front do a dry hop...

There's lots of things we did 30 years ago that we don't do now.
just sayin maybe sox wouldent do it today

If I get out there on Tuesday, do you want me to bring my 750 dp to try? I'm going to go through it today if you want to slap it on there and see if it helps. Let me know.

Just went thru the 3 pages of posts and read them.I've had 2 Hughes converters that were 32-3500.BOTH stalled at 2200 like yours. MY 60' were 2.18 - 2.26.Odd.. The car was dead until the engine hit 3000 or more. Changed converter to a Continental 5000 8+. Now I hold it on the line at 3200 and have 1.70-1.80's 60'.My 67 Dart is low Horsepower,around 240 ish to the rear wheels. I don't drive it on the street.My guess is the converter is holding you back. Just a thought.

If I get out there on Tuesday, do you want me to bring my 750 dp to try? I'm going to go through it today if you want to slap it on there and see if it helps. Let me know.

Yea that would be cool. I might be borrowing one of my buddies carbs if he ever gets back to me. He has the exact same combo as me but in a 72 duster minus the eddy heads an he runs consistent 11.80s on street tires @ 115 there's gotta be something holding me back

Just went thru the 3 pages of posts and read them.I've had 2 Hughes converters that were 32-3500.BOTH stalled at 2200 like yours. MY 60' were 2.18 - 2.26.Odd.. The car was dead until the engine hit 3000 or more. Changed converter to a Continental 5000 8+. Now I hold it on the line at 3200 and have 1.70-1.80's 60'.My 67 Dart is low Horsepower,around 240 ish to the rear wheels. I don't drive it on the street.My guess is the converter is holding you back. Just a thought.

I'm running a 904 I plan on doing a manual valve body and a trans brake in the future. I want a true 4k stall for my next build any idea what brand I should use?

Mine too were for 904
There are good converter companies out there.Continental is one of them.
Do a new Thread asking that question and see the responces.Use them to see the favorite choise of the racers.Then you decide.
When talking to the converter company give them as much info as possible on your car and setup.And tell them what you are looking for.
Don't get me wrong,Hughes is a good company.I didn't tell them my set up,just called and ordered a 3500 converter for a 68 up 904. When I talked to them at a NHRA meet they explained that details are important such as the horsepower you put in front of it,etc.

order a 3500 converter..converter flashes to 3500 behind 440...behind 360...you get 2800

that is why they need the info on the car...

I plan on rebuilding my 360 and doing a 12.5:1 408 custom cam and having my heads done by shady dell. So I'll keep my set up for now. But when I'm building my motor and trans I'll spec out a converter.

So I guess sacramento raceway will be running 1/8th mile on New Years so I won't get a full 1/4 mile time.

I run a AED 850dp(modified Holley)with a 4500 8 inch Coan stall in my 904.Best 60fts 1.44 usually 60fts are in the 1.4? range.Trial and error is what it,s all about you,ll get there.Good luck.

I run a AED 850dp(modified Holley)with a 4500 8 inch Coan stall in my 904.Best 60fts 1.44 usually 60fts are in the 1.4? range.Trial and error is what it,s all about you,ll get there.Good luck.

how is your rear suspension set up? did you have to re locate your upper shock mounts when you mini tubbed and moved the springs?

coan converters are $$$

Great early dart!!! Lots of feed back,lots of testing n tuning, and making small adjustments not lots of too much at once. You'll figure it out and get much faster!! My choice for drag radials is always Mickey Thompson. When you can. Switch and see the difference. I'm in Yuba City, Looking forward to seeing you and your ride at Sac. Best of luck !!!!

Go out and buy these. If your pulling the left front wheel but your 60's are slow this is the number one reason.

Just picked up a set this morning thanks

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-122-5000/overview/

Great early dart!!! Lots of feed back,lots of testing n tuning, and making small adjustments not lots of too much at once. You'll figure it out and get much faster!! My choice for drag radials is always Mickey Thompson. When you can. Switch and see the difference. I'm in Yuba City, Looking forward to seeing you and your ride at Sac. Best of luck !!!!

Thanks ill be running et series at sac this year hopefully I'll see ya out there

so after a couple laps around the block and local pd showing up to intervene with our fun, we decided to take the carb apart... float bowls were outta whack.... power valve was bad...and diafram in secondaries was shot... took a trip to the local speed shop where i bought a rebuild kit with upgraded spring and diafram jet extensions all new gaskets and power valve. i also bought a box of holley jets im starting out with 75s in the front and rear and ill play with it from there tomorrow at the track

Cody if you don't already have it rebuilt and back together I'd go a little richer on the secondary side. The primary side alsi introduces fuel via the power valve channel restrictiors (PVCR) so the 75 jet there is more equal to about an 80-82 jet (depending on the sive of the PVCR's which varies from carb to carb). For that reason you should go richer on the secondary side. I'd start with # 80 jets in the secondaries if it were me. Then play with jetting to get your best MPH in the 1/4.

so do to the cold weather and low track temp we only ran 1/8 mile.

here are my times

best et
7.75 @88
best trap 90
best 60.ft 1.663

a big thanks to this forum. and to whoever told me not to do too long of a burnout. the nittos only need to be cleaned off not destroyed lol. i went 2 rounds in sportsman ended up breaking out and 4 rounds in street. ran a 7.75 on a 7.75 got treed my .062 to his .002

ill post videos after i upload them to youtube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrzGql7L5ms"]IMG 2638 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shGEDfS570s"]IMG 2634 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebywZyDi6OU"]IMG 2629 - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, that sounded so much better then the vid last week, Congrats!!! Hard to tell exactly from the vids, but did it lay over at all right at the eighth mile? Couldn't tell if you shifted right before or were just getting out of it? Regardless, i think you made great progress.

i think my high gear clutch pack is gone it kinda bogs then slips. seems like it slows down a ton when i shift. thats something ill address when i rebuild the trans with a brake

Right on man! Its good now, and its lofting that left front pretty good!

I like your car a lot, its got a great stance and wheel and tire combo.

I have been to Sac a few times, its one of my favorites!

damn dropped the sixty foot a ton!so whats 7.75 = in 1/4 mile?about 12.40?

-
Back