[WANTED] Fish Gill rocker panel trim

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck!

69 fish had no gills!

Last edited:
67/68 had partial with spears. 69 were smooth all the way down.

I am going to post up some 67 to 69 myths shortly. I see to many sellers posting up items listed for a particular year that are not correct. There are so many differences between the three years that the list is long! Doing your research is required unless you have a specific look you want!

Only 68 from factory but can work on all 3. Our 67 has factory rocker trim, but it's different. 69 had trim too but different again lol.
Our 67

67 rocker trim.jpg

20171008_130107.jpg

68 had the gills with spears option

Only that year.

Started to say that but, I was unsure, 67 had some things late in production it seems.

Thought I had seen some 67’s with them. Just goes to show how these cars have been mixed and matched so much over the years that the parts manual is the only real truth.

Last edited:
Thanks guys - just wanted rocker trim to tie the wheel moldings together.
Still looking for the wheel moldings though

They are produced aftermarket. They are thicker than stock but with patience can be usable with a good straight body!

Looking for 69 Barracuda stainless wheel lip moldings and fish gill rocker panel trim
Thanks

67-69 wheel lip moldings are made from aluminum.

The 67 rocker trim is aluminum

the 68 thin spear is aluminum. And the gill is chromed cast pot metal.

Not sure what material the 69 rockers are.

Last edited:
Rocker moldings Maybe stainless or anodized aluminum.My car did not have them!
And not sure.

I know the plastic clips were extremely hard to find but may be, being reproduced in the last few years.

Last edited:
This trim, or something very similar is being reproduced for ford mustangs. I have heard of oeople using this moulding on 67-68-69 barracudas with good results.

It’s sorta similar to 67 barracuda molding.

64-66 mustang ... around $120 new with clips

$_20.jpg

rocker-panel-moldings_0.jpg

Last edited:
Funny, 67 Dart wheel well moldings are SS.

I’ve heard early 68 darts did too. But I’ve never seen survivor proof.

I restored a set of 67 Dart stainless for my 68 Dart cause they restore nicer than road nicked old aluminum ones and stainless is easier to keep polished than bare untreated aluminum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back