Fishing rod rack

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
Never mention the fact there is snow on the ground again...lets talk fishing rods

as you may know, i have a little pond out back with a shed next to it
there are almost a dozen fishing rods in there that the kids have free reign on (you know, take one, tie it all up, grab another one)

now, i want to figure out a way to store these so the kids can get to them easily AND put them away properly

of course i dont want to spend a fortune on this, so if you have a trick you use id love to hear it

I'd use a couple boards with the bottom one 1/2 thickness with about 1 in bore, or slightly larger than the largest butt diameter of the rod. The top board would be drilled with about 1/2" bore through and cut open to the edge. Mount both apart from each other so all rods are secure. You could also tilt the bottom board so the rods would tilt toward the back of the top board.

I found this ceiling rack on clearance for 5 bucks a while back. Works fine on the wall for a few after opening up tip ends......

upload_2022-3-26_9-47-7.png

Then too, you can get rid of those tangled lines for good:D........
?pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia1.tenor.com%2fimages%2faf1a01919822c0474c5f3809b9da48be%2ftenor.gif

I found this ceiling rack on clearance for 5 bucks a while back. Works fine on the wall for a few after opening up tip ends......

View attachment 1715895890

i dont think i have enough horizontal wall space to make that one work
(i keep the "good" rods hanging above the work bench on a horizontal peg board and id like to keep the distinction clear)

thats pretty cool
i got the studs exposed so i could just nail a board to that with a few 4 inch pieces of pipe, that might work

This is what I ended up doing (didn't have any pvc kicking around)

I may need to add a second 2x4 but it's a decent start

First pic is before

20220326_132752.jpg

20220326_161201.jpg

My poles never leave the boat and never catch a fish.
Nice storage ideas guys.

Never mention the fact there is snow on the ground again...lets talk fishing rods

as you may know, i have a little pond out back with a shed next to it
there are almost a dozen fishing rods in there that the kids have free reign on (you know, take one, tie it all up, grab another one)

now, i want to figure out a way to store these so the kids can get to them easily AND put them away properly

of course i dont want to spend a fortune on this, so if you have a trick you use id love to hear it
1. There is still snow on the ground. LOL
2. I haven't been fishing in 20 years. Never went as a kid. Went a few times with a neighbor while stationed in Sacramento, CA in the 78-80 time frame. Then went a few times after I got out of the USAF with my wife's step father. That was like fishing with Hitler. Bob was a GREAT guy 99.9% of the time, but he was an AVID fisher, and he had absolutely NO tolerance for somebody fishing in an incorrect (to him) fashion. It was a miserable experience. It actually changed my relationship with him. I have not been fishing since. I'd kind of like to get into it, but I do not know how.

1. There is still snow on the ground. LOL
2. I haven't been fishing in 20 years. Never went as a kid. Went a few times with a neighbor while stationed in Sacramento, CA in the 78-80 time frame. Then went a few times after I got out of the USAF with my wife's step father. That was like fishing with Hitler. Bob was a GREAT guy 99.9% of the time, but he was an AVID fisher, and he had absolutely NO tolerance for somebody fishing in an incorrect (to him) fashion. It was a miserable experience. It actually changed my relationship with him. I have not been fishing since. I'd kind of like to get into it, but I do not know how.

i guess it all depends on how serious you take things
i am an easy going guy, and as far as im concerned, you can fish however you want

in fact, thats one of the things i like about fishing
we got kids over at the house all the time, and they mostly use worms, sometimes jigs or bait fish they catch in the net

whatever they want, im fine with

they fish for a while, get the rod all tangled up, toss it in the shed and move on to the next one
that can be frustrating at times, but to see their face when they catch a nice bass...you cant beat that

Fished all the time when I was a kid in Orlando, FL. Used to go out every Friday afternoon for largemouth bass. Had a fresh boneless bass fillets cooked on the grill with my three best friends every Friday night for 2 + years. What memories! We fished so much we gave up on Mitchel reels and had to buy DAM Quick reels, still have a couple today. Best kids reels were Zebco. I always have a couple mini's for the grandkids. We always used artificial bait and ultralight tackle.

-
Back