Fitech Efi Help

-

meep meep

Reaction score
I need some help with deciding which route will work better for me.

I am running an msd 6al box with an msd billet distributor with no vacuum advance.

I just found out that my digital 6al box has a tach rev limit sweep that cannot be removed due to the box being an older model. This will create a problem with Efi on startup.

These are my options. Send the box back to msd to have it reprogrammed or purchase the msd 6al-2 programable box which has timing control.

I am looking at two Fitech products the Mean Street 800hp or the Efi 8 1200hp. I know the mean street does not have the timing control feature.

Is it worth spending the extra funds for the timing control or spend the money on the 6al-2 box. Which would work better with the Efi system? I don't know enough about the Timing Control with the Fitech systems.

Do I really need the timing control?? Are there many benefits over just using springs and bushings in the distributor? It's only used as a weekend street car.

I suggest you contact Pace Performance. Not only do they sell the Fitech systems, they also sponsor this forum and have contributed a lot of feedback and advice to members of this forum. Have a look at the other threads here on the Fitech system and you will see the number of their posts. They also have a.distributor available that works with the Fitech and eliminates some of the ignition issues when using the Fitech to control ignition timing.

I would use your MSD box to control your timing, if your distributor is setup properly, you can fine tune your timing curve better than you can with the FiTech setup. It just has a 3x3 matrix for timing, so you pick idle timing, timing at 3k and timing at 6k, at 3 different engine loads. If you want to be all in before 3k but above idle, you can't.

With that being said, I run the FiTech with timing control and an MSD pro billet, and have no complaints at all for a street car.

72Duster440,

Have you tried running the efi with no timing control? If so did you notice any improvements from your regular Msd distributor setup. What are the three engine load Cruise, Wot, ?

I did not, I replaced everything when I installed EFI. I think it's no load, part load, wot. I can check tomorrow for you, or download their tuning manual from their website. It has it all in there

-
Back