Fitment issue headlights barracuda 1969

-

Barracuda_v8

Reaction score
Hello. I've got plastic fenders on my barracuda. Not sure if the headlight bezels fits correctly? Can somebody post a picture so that I can see if it fits correct. Wasn't able to flip the darn picture.
Thanks
Daniel

Attachments

• 20160302_175636.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 144
Looks like the correct one for the right. Hanging on the tab?

Attachments

• HLSurroundRt.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 119
Headlight bucket mounts are different on '69s I do believe ...............

Attachments

• 20160302_175636.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 184
The bucket............

Attachments

• HLBucketRt.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 166
Looks like the correct one for the right. Hanging on the tab?

When you say so yes there is a tab. It looks like it´s the correct bucket. Can you take a picture from the other side so I can se how the tab should sit?

I'll bet the bucket isn't aligned perfectly or is slightly twisted or bent.. misaligned one on a fiberglass install on a Scamp a few years ago - - it all fit because it's just a trim ring on the headlight, but the headlight itself was angled to the left a few degrees.. that was fun to fix!

Does this looks correct? Or should i cut the tab? On the left bezel the tab is gone...

Attachments

• 1457189982728243519203.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 142
Does this looks correct? Or should i cut the tab? On the left bezel the tab is gone...
On mine, both L&R rings, appear to have been removed at some point.
However, I do have a spare that has been on another vehicle that has the tab intact. There is rust on the tab from the screw indicates the mount hole was very close. See picture.
Given the screw hole location and tab right next to it, I can't see a full tab seating properly on mine either.
If I were a betting person, I'd almost bet this tab should be trimmed to fit to grille depth so it acts as a stop to not smash the egg crate as the ring is tightened down.

IDK, anyone know of a '69 headlight bucket bracket design change? What are we missing? :scratch:

Attachments

• HLSurroundRt2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 84
-
Back