Fixing damaged lock cylinder holes

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
So what is the best way of going about this deck lid on a 71 valiant

Obviously an ape removed the lock cylinder so is there a way to fix this?

20240218_171710.jpg

Well.......you could come out all the way around it to straight metal and cut the whole thing out, knock the dents out and then weld the whole piece back in. But yeah, that'd do it.

Is this the same as a Scamp deck lid? I can never keep them straight...

Is this the same as a Scamp deck lid? I can never keep them straight...
No, it's a shorty valiant (67 to 73) so it has the full easy to load deck lid like this internet Pic

After 73 they went to the longer wheel base (the dart body) then used the scamp/ dart lid

valiant-rear (1).jpg

Someone made a patch panel for this, but I can't find it now. I used to cut the lock and door handle area out of badly rusted doors to use as a patch.

That actually doesn't look too bad. A little hammer & dolly and maybe some welding to restore any tab issues for the lock?

I have a tool that bolts either side to press the opening straight. If it's off angle wise you leave it bolted together while you straighten the angle. Then as said hammer and dolly the outer areas. Wish I could show a pic but it's packed away in storage.
Used it a lot in the day on recovered thefts.
Found a pic online.
1708343171899.png

I have a tool that bolts either side to press the opening straight. If it's off angle wise you leave it bolted together while you straighten the angle. Then as said hammer and dolly the outer areas. Wish I could show a pic but it's packed away in storage.
Used it a lot in the day on recovered thefts.
Found a pic online.
View attachment 1716209078
Hers is not even very bad, it's mostly the metal around it but yes those work well

-
Back