Fixing Thrust angle

-
And it was better when the car had negative camber. So was the positive caster. Switch that over to -.5*’s camber and the other numbers will look better too.

But it could be a worn tire. Or some combination of all of the above. Change one thing at a time until you find it.
My eyes hurt. Lol

I’m going to start an argument here but thrust angle can INDIRECTLY cause a pull with power steering. Do I think yours is bad? No. Do I think your cross camber is bad? No.
I'm certainly not arguing. All I'm saying is, try the easy and FREE thing first and eliminate it.

It sometimes doesn’t even involve worn tires. New tires can behave differently too.

Does this mean the cross swap did not change your pull?
I’ve been involved in the alignment industry for a long time. Swapping the front tires from left to right has almost always made a difference on “slight” pulls.

Thrust angle gives you an off center steering wheel. Not a pull.

thrust angle alignment.jpg

So ya know. Just cross swap the front tires. Balance has nothing to do with it.
Does this mean the cross swap did not change your pull?

I misread your post and thought it was the OP posting. I cant agree more about swapping one thing at a time and balance would not effect pull.

Side note. I have a 2006 Grand Caravan, put new tires on it drives straight as an arrow, after enough miles to need a rotation it pulls slightly to the right, as in drive straight at interstate speeds and let go of the steering wheel and you will drift into the next lane. rotate the tires and the pull is gone till the next rotation time. had a couple of shops look at it and none could find an issue with alignment. Left rear wheel is cambered in at the max of the spec, only odd thing.

When you rotate your tires, use the proper pattern, it is not straight back to front... Look in your service manual.

Typically;
Drives to the tags and tags cross-over.. That is to say;
On a rear wheel drive; the rears come to the front and the fronts cross over.
On a front wheel drive, the fronts go straight back, and the rears cross-over
There are exceptions

Your car does dog track a bit and is not ideal, I like to get the rear axle dead nuts square , always makes a better drive , however both the rear wheels will be toed out still , witch would mean the rear axle is slightly bent. can be corrected at a frame shop. I did a 83/4 once on an alignment rack using a big bttle jack and cables , then use the mancini thrust kit to fine tune.

Your car does dog track a bit and is not ideal, I like to get the rear axle dead nuts square , always makes a better drive , however both the rear wheels will be toed out still , witch would mean the rear axle is slightly bent. can be corrected at a frame shop. I did a 83/4 once on an alignment rack using a big bttle jack and cables , then use the mancini thrust kit to fine tune.

yeah I tried flipping the front tires like the others said didn’t really affect anything. It’s only 7 1/4 so not worth messing with and I also plan on V8 swap with 8 3/4 in the future. Probably should just start looking for one!

yeah I tried flipping the front tires like the others said didn’t really affect anything. It’s only 7 1/4 so not worth messing with and I also plan on V8 swap with 8 3/4 in the future. Probably should just start looking for one!
How will that address the thrust angle?

How will that address the thrust angle?

Well if the housing isn’t perfectly straight replacing it with one the might be could solve it.

Or maybe just change the direction it’s out of whack :D

You might be able to loosen the u bolts, shift the rear a bit and retighten and gain the angle you are looking to correct.

-
Back