Flake member alert

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

zhandfull

Reaction score
member daniel_depetro

Bought a hood from member near the end of March 2014. Sent a $100 for the hood and $100 for shipping. Tried to keep open communications and was patiently waiting. Now communications by PM seems to have stopped as of a month or so ago. Couple weeks ago I even offered to cancel deal if shipping was to much of an issue, just requested return of money.

Just a little heads up for other members in the future.

Thanks I feel better now:thumleft:

Looks like he was here as of 6/16 @ 9:47am? I hope this gets straightened out.....

I also bought something from him in the beginning of April but he told me up front that he needed some time and I agreed.

I know he will come through and I will get my item because my cousin knows him and he has sold a lot here and I am pretty sure he has a new kid and recently moved, which are both good reasons to be a very busy bee.

I know you want your hood but maybe try dropping him a message or seeing whats up before getting too upset, I am sure you will get it.

I also bought something from him in the beginning of April but he told me up front that he needed some time and I agreed.

I know he will come through and I will get my item because my cousin knows him and he has sold a lot here and I am pretty sure he has a new kid and recently moved, which are both good reasons to be a very busy bee.

I know you want your hood but maybe try dropping him a message or seeing whats up before getting too upset, I am sure you will get it.

In communications he has told me the same after buying the hood. For that reason and the fact I wasn't in dire need of the hood right away, I have been very accommodating . Now that communications seem to have stopped and the fact that three months have gone by. This to me is a sign and members need to be at least warned if they search the name prior to buying from him in the future.

I have dropped a couple pm's that have not been responded too that are a couple weeks old or older. I'm not upset just disappointed. There's always two sides to a story, being a public forum maybe we will hear the other side.

Absolutely NO EXCUSE for taking that long. A couple weeks I can understand, but if I buy something I want it in a reasonable amount of time wheather I need it or not.Under no circumstances would I ever buy anything from him.You have been more than patient and he needs to come through.

I agree. If someone has $200 of my money and refuses to answer my PM's, I'd have a problem too. I've shipped hoods before. Pack it up and take it to the Greyhound station took only a couple of hours. Something's going on here.

Daniel is a good guy. I do know that he has a new baby so maybe that is some of what's going on. I agree it's too long and he should be communicating, but I don't think there's any malice goin on. I've been wrong before, but Daniel doesn't strike me as that type of guy.

Daniel is a good guy. I do know that he has a new baby so maybe that is some of what's going on. I agree it's too long and he should be communicating, but I don't think there's any malice goin on. I've been wrong before, but Daniel doesn't strike me as that type of guy.

Danial needs to put his man-pants on and pony up. Stop with the excuses and either give the guy the product he paid for or return his money. Pretty simple

Danial needs to put his man-pants on and pony up. Stop with the excuses and either give the guy the product he paid for or return his money. Pretty simple

Yup....just went thru this not to long ago with someone here...if you take some ones $$ and say you will deliver than do as you say you will.....don't go into "hiding" when the person tries to communicate with you and then say the other person is "unreasonable" when he starts talking about you....

Yup....just went thru this not to long ago with someone here...if you take some ones $$ and say you will deliver than do as you say you will.....don't go into "hiding" when the person tries to communicate with you and then say the other person is "unreasonable" when he starts talking about you....

Pretty simple. There is no excuse (unless your dead) for no communication. Life is full of curves, deal with them, especially if you have the coin up front, good member or not

I know I have a phone number to him somewhere, so I am going to look through my dis-organization and find the number and see what is going on before I start worrying about parts or money.

I am still sure that I am getting my items and the OP will get his hood. Thing is that here we are so worried about our material things when something could be wrong with him that could be serious. Now I am worried that he is ok because he has always seemed like a nice guy to me and he has sold a lot of parts and has been on FABO for a long time so it seems something could be wrong.

He is a good guy. People are so ready to jump on somebody and crucify them. Makes me not even want to do anything for anybody anymore.

Dan used to be in chat all the time.

Lack of communication is not acceptable, dead or in the hospital long term would be two potential passes. Zhandfull is one of the coolest, nicest guys I've met, discussed mopars and sold parts. Always welcome at my place. If you get Z to the point of making any kind of comment like this, you've done something special.

2.5 months to get something out and lack of replies is unacceptable. Sorry Dan, get this handled!

Yes, I will start off by admitting I certainly dropped the ball when it comes to shipping out the hood in question, but to say that I have been hiding or avoiding anyone could not be more incorrect.
I have no reason to hide from anyone, which is why I do not use an Alias online.
The buyer had/has my phone number, instead of assuming I was dodging [yes, pun intended ;) ] him, he could have called me and expressed his concerns person to person. He knows I do not check my computer much anymore as it has almost always taken me days to respond.
At any rate the hood is here.
If Mark wants a refund, I would gladly give him his money back. If he wants the hood as intended, he will get it.

03-10-2014, 01:12 AM
zhandfull said:
Put me in line on that hood. I'll take it

Thanks
Mark

daniel_depetro said:
Okay, awesome.
I will contact you tonight after I settle in from work and we can finish up the deal.
That gives the other guy 24 hours, Considering be has yet to even show further interest, that is fair for everyone.
If he does reply, I will let you know a.s.a.p.

Thanks for your interest.
Dan DePetro
[email protected]
(586) 303-6218

03-10-2014, 11:25 AM
zhandfull said:

daniel_depetro said:
Okay, it's been 24 hours.
The hood is yours.
Hood = $100.00
Packing and shipping is about $100.00
Paypal fee = $8.00
Total = $208.00...unless you send payment fee free then it's obviously $200.00.

03-10-2014, 09:53 PM
zhandfull said:
Sounds good I will paypal you the money by midday tomorrow if that's works for you.

I'm in the same general area as the other guy. So If I have to go pick up hood some place local like Chino, Fontana or San Bernardino from the shipper it's no problem.

Mark M*****

daniel_depetro said:
Okay, I will be awaiting the payment and gather materials to get it ready for shipment.

03-11-2014, 01:02 PM
zhandfull said:
Should have some money now.

Thanks
Mark M****

03-26-2014, 09:06 AM
zhandfull said:
Dan,

Just wanted to check in with you. Did you get the hood packaged up or shipped out?

Thanks
Mark

daniel_depetro said:
Hey mark, I did not...to be honest it completely slipped my mind.
We were in the house buying phase (we bought one on Monday) and I put the hood on the back burner, unfortunately I forgot to take off said burner.
I will get it out for certain this weekend, and will send a shipping confirmation when I do.
I realize this excuse has nothing to do with your situation, however please accept my sincerest apologies.

03-27-2014, 06:23 PM
zhandfull said:
No problem I was just checking in, get it out when you can.

Thanks
Mark
zhandfull said:
04-13-2014, 11:27 PM
zhandfull said:
Dan, Any luck yet on getting the hood shipped out.

Thanks
Mark

daniel_depetro said:
I haven't, though I will get it out in by the weekend.
I have been going non-stop and ended up having to take the rest of the week off, so now I can catch up on everything I pout on the back burner.

I apologize for taking so long.

I'll let you know asap when it ships.

04-23-2014, 05:30 PM
zhandfull said:
No problem, I know they are a pain to ship. I really do appreciate you willing to ship it for me.

Thanks Again
Mark

06-10-2014, 10:42 PM
zhandfull said:
Daniel,

Just checking in on the hood. Did you get it shipped yet? I still would really like to have it.
If shipping is to much of an issue we can cancel the deal if you'd like to just return the money.

sure glad I'm not in the used part market. I don't like to wait.

Kinda makes you wanna quit trying to build something with all the bs going on.Seams like ive had problemscwith everything I buy here lately.people and companies will take ur money and dont want to deliver.

The way I see it is when Daniel read the message on 6-10 he should have refunded the money.

He has shown that he got it by posting it here

Kinda makes you wanna quit trying to build something with all the bs going on.Seams like ive had problemscwith everything I buy here lately.people and companies will take ur money and dont want to deliver.

Yup....getting to the point that I regret ever starting my car. Not just members here, but seems like damn near everyone I have been dealing with, except for HemiDenny, has been a problem. Was really counting on one guy to come thru....but he did not. Not the end of the world but I was really hoping to use his product...it is what it is....

Seems to me if you want to sell something have your sh@t ready. More and more we are hearing of this same problem. Do what you say you are going to do and stop all the lame excuses. I am happy to say the members I have dealt with were all stand up guys but anymore there seems to be a over abundance of excuses and dead beats.

Something must be up? I know this guy he lives 30 miles from me. If I get out that way I'll stop in and ask what's going on?

Seems to me if you want to sell something have your sh@t ready.

One of the reasons I haven't openly tried to sell anything over the internet. I have parts to sell, but don't even want to put 'em up until I know they're ready to put a shipping label on the box and send 'em out.

I think everything I've gotten from other members got here in about a week. Even from Canada! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back