flaming river coupler ?

-

66dartgt

Reaction score
I misplaced my installation instructions for my flaming river steering coupler. I have it fitted and installed on the column.

What I am seeking is the tightening reference for the two locking bolts that go thru the coupler and lock it on to the steering box input shaft.

Any help out there ?

I looked at their web site and they dont have the installation instructions listed.

Here ya go..

flaming_river_coupler.jpg

When you've finished the install I'd love to know how it worked out. Did it make a big difference?

Great kit. I used one in the Scamp. Its much nicer then the factory coupling.

Sorry I dont have a point of reference to compare. The car was power steering and now it is manual. I have to imagine it would be alot better though.

The other thing I did was install a delrin bushing made for the end of the column. It eliminates the crappy rubber bushing that snaps on to the bottom normally. I found the guy on the 62-65 mopar website, note that it fits the 66 A body as well:

Quote: "New steering column bushing for non-column shifted 1962 to 1965 Mopar cars now available from Mopar fan! The bushings are made from Delrin, which is many times more durable than the OEM plastic. They are machined so you get a full 2 inch penetration into the column for a tighter “feeling” wheel, and the flange is machined to match the flare at the bottom of the column which gives it a very clean, finished, look. They are truly works of art. I make these in my spare time and am not a manufacturer or... I do this to keep busy, to help fellow rodders, and make a little change. Contact Dave at [email protected] or 919-845-8903."

-
Back