flaming river steering install...

-

DragginMAster

Reaction score
am taking the power steering out of my dart, installing a flaming river manual box with adapter my brother bought for his charger, he is deciding to stay with power though.

so the deal is, I buy a new power boc for him, I get the manual box with adapter.

I already got my end of the deal, but I did not get any instructions.

can anyone that has install the flaming river steering coupler give me a run down? the shaft did not seem to want to slide into the u-joint part...

thanks in advance

i just order the same adapter today. i know this thread is kind of old so i'm wondering if you have it working now? ..let me know
i couldn't find a local used manual box so i chased an ad for remans to these guys on egay.
215.00 for the box and free shipping on mainland (not here) and 100.00 core charge. a plus for me is they are on the west coast so shipping wasn't too bad. cheers
http://www.carsteering.com/

i just order the same adapter today. i know this thread is kind of old so i'm wondering if you have it working now? ..let me know
i couldn't find a local used manual box so i chased an ad for remans to these guys on egay.
215.00 for the box and free shipping on mainland (not here) and 100.00 core charge. a plus for me is they are on the west coast so shipping wasn't too bad. cheers
http://www.carsteering.com/

not working on it yet until it warms up in the springtime. busted knuckles don't hurt so bad when it is warm out.

still need to get some instructions for the adapter install. got mine secondhand without any.

I got the same thing. I called Flaming River, and they mailed me instructions. I scanned them and emailed them back to Flaming River. They claimed that they were in the process of doing the same thing, but that was three years ago. I'll have to see if I still have the scanned one around somewhere.

They weren't great instructions. Basically, I remember taking the whole column out of the car, cutting the new shaft to length, drilling a hole, and assembling the whole thing.

The quickest way is to contact them.

FLAMING RIVER INDUSTRIES, INC.

800 Poertner Drive
Berea, OH 44017 USA

Telephone: 440-826-4488
FAX: 440-826-0780

TOLL FREE
Telephone: 800-648-8022
FAX: 800-243-5263

Office Hrs: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern, Monday – Friday

To contact us by email:

General Information – mailto:[email protected]
Customer Service – mailto:[email protected]
Technical Support – mailto:[email protected]

They got back to me very quickly, and faxed me a copy. I don't appear to have it here at home. If you can't get one from them, let me know and I'll see what I can find at work.

thanks for the contact info, i will make use of it on my next day off :)

I got the same thing. I called Flaming River, and they mailed me instructions. I scanned them and emailed them back to Flaming River. They claimed that they were in the process of doing the same thing, but that was three years ago. I'll have to see if I still have the scanned one around somewhere.

They weren't great instructions. Basically, I remember taking the whole column out of the car, cutting the new shaft to length, drilling a hole, and assembling the whole thing.

The quickest way is to contact them.

FLAMING RIVER INDUSTRIES, INC.

800 Poertner Drive
Berea, OH 44017 USA

Telephone: 440-826-4488
FAX: 440-826-0780

TOLL FREE
Telephone: 800-648-8022
FAX: 800-243-5263

Office Hrs: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern, Monday – Friday

To contact us by email:

General Information – mailto:[email protected]
Customer Service – mailto:[email protected]
Technical Support – mailto:[email protected]

They got back to me very quickly, and faxed me a copy. I don't appear to have it here at home. If you can't get one from them, let me know and I'll see what I can find at work.

I've had my Flaming river manual box for 3 years now,installation was pretty easy just follow the instructions..one of the best parts i ever put in the car..:-D

-
Back