Flea Bay

-

MoparGirl

Reaction score
So I'm just a tad bummed tonight. Had CudasRule's 67 Fastback for sale on Ebay for full 7 day listing and got ZERO bids. Over 40 people had it on their watch list and all we got were people wanting to trade for crap. Which was somewhat annoying considering it was well stated in the ad we didn't want to trade for anything. Economy sucks I know but ZERO bids. Reserve was well under 10K and starting bid was 8k. Oh well, bad timing I guess.

I did refer one dude to this board though. He emailed a question about how we installed the headers and exhaust. He's apparently restoring an A body. Told him everything he could possible want to know can either be found here or somebody here has dealt with it and would help. :read2:

That's too bad although I've seen items on ebay posted 2 or 3 times with no or low bids and then they sell. Just depends who's watching and when. Just takes one person who want's it. Hope you have luck selling it by other means. Kev

It has been my experience on E-bay to start with a low starting bid after all you have a reserve on it. People like to bid so start it out a 200.00. It may not hit your reserve, but you will get bids and bids tend to motivate the "fence rider" to pull the trigger and bid.

Bummer. Yeah its hit or miss. I took advantage of there 5 free listing every 30 days(non automotive) and put out some mountain bike pedals(crank bros egg beaters triple ti) and listed at $199.95. Well I woke up this morning and someone had bid on them.:-D Yeah. It only been 2 days.
Good luck on the sale MoparGirl.

I add stuff to my watch list that I dont plan to bid on. I just want to see if it sold and how much. I think most watchers are just watchers for various reasons.
I got a little depressed when ebay billed me for my listings and I had sold one item in a months time. Then I sold 5 items in one day last Thrus.
Nothing more since then. They will sell eventually.

Reserve was well under 10K and starting bid was 8k.

probably scared people away with the high starting bid. i don't get the reserve was well under 10 and you started the bidding at 8 thing. did you start the bidding at what you wanted? is the car worth the starting bid? not being a smart *** or anything but i don't know the car. i think your better off starting at something like $99. why start with a high opening bid if there is a reserve on it? at 8k starting i'm going to think you want something high like 15k.

Took me 5 times listing my previous duster on e-bay before it sold,always start with a low first bid,anytime i sell on e-bay i start the auction at $1.00.............

I'm gonna jump on board with some of the others here too as far as.......don't start the bidding with a high number if you've got a reserve. It just doesn't make sense. The last few cars I've listed on Ebay I didn't have a lot of luck getting a decent price out of......and it seems the flake factor is high too.

The funniest items I see on Ebay are the ones whose opening bid and "buy it now" price are the same! Funny stuff!

probably scared people away with the high starting bid. i don't get the reserve was well under 10 and you started the bidding at 8 thing. did you start the bidding at what you wanted? is the car worth the starting bid? not being a smart *** or anything but i don't know the car. i think your better off starting at something like $99. why start with a high opening bid if there is a reserve on it? at 8k starting i'm going to think you want something high like 15k.

Thought process was to start the bid at 8k to rule out people who aren't serious about buying the vehicle. Didn't want people to think they could get the car for a fraction of what it's worth. The car is worth more than the starting bid, paid more and added stuff to it since then. Had the reserve under 10k because it needs to sell.

Thought process was to start the bid at 8k to rule out people who aren't serious about buying the vehicle.

i see what your saying but if i'm looking and see a high starting bid like that i'm thinking the reserve is stupid high and move on. will i miss a deal? maybe. but there are always others out there.

Thanks for all the input guys. We'll try again and see what happens. :-D

Thought process was to start the bid at 8k to rule out people who aren't serious about buying the vehicle. Didn't want people to think they could get the car for a fraction of what it's worth. The car is worth more than the starting bid, paid more and added stuff to it since then. Had the reserve under 10k because it needs to sell.

You can get a good "feel" on the bidder by his feedback number and comments. People luv to bid, start it low and let them bid. After all you have a reserve on it so there is no risk of giving it away.

-
Back