Flex-A-Lite Fan Failure.

-

Dan B.

78 and still going.
Reaction score
During last summer as I was entering a car show I suddenly heard a noise coming from under my hood. Close inspection showed the right side fan was wobbling all over the place. I cut the wire going to that fan and used the car the rest of the summer with no problems of overheating. Well now it's winter in Minnesota and since I cannot drive my car I thought I would fix my fan problem. I removed the fans (all one unit) and inspection showed that the hole in the fan that slips onto the motor shaft was ob-longed .038" and the small cross pin that drives the fan blade had sheared off. My intention was to bore out the brass insert in the center of the fan and install a bushing, cut another cross slit in it (for the drive pin) and put it all back together. Then I got to thinking, why not email Flex-A-Lite and explain my problem. Nothing lost nothing gained. I received an email back saying that a couple of years ago the received some bad motors and that they would be glad to send me two bran new motors/fan blades. Couple days latter I received the fans, installed them and am back in business. I'll keep the two I took out for back ups.... I guess it pays to buy from the good guys.

Thanks for sharing. It's always good to hear which companies give exceptional customer service.

-
Back