flex plate issues AGAIN !!

-

uk-barracuda

Reaction score
my flex plate cracked a couple of months ago, so i replaced it, and managed to find another flex plate near by, but it was used, but i still put it on, after around 100 miles it cracked again,

but the 2nd hand flex plate i put on, wasnt 100% flat, it was slightly bent, and when i bolted it up, it straigtend it, but came to take it of today and when i took 1 bolt out it just bent back again,

i have thoughts that the owner before me, when he replaced the engine to a 318 he must of wrested it on the flex plate and it weakend it,

but why should it crack twice, could it be that the 2 old flex plates were weak, or is it my box, i drove the car today just to give it a little bit of a run, and it drove spot on didnt miss a beat, apart from the tapping from the flex plate

could it be that it is unbalanced some where,

anybody got any ideas,

EDIT :

car is a 1967 Barracuda,

904 box, original had a 273ci, now has a 318ci motor in it,

also i have noticed that when i put the 2nd flex plate on, i didnt notice any dowls, there was none there, does this mean anything

cheers, just got the whirling noise, when in reverse, did it all time, but only seems to do it in reverse now,

i have now put the new flexp plate on

-
Back