Flexplate to Converter max Gap??????

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
I have about a 1/4 inch gap between my FlexPlate and Torque converter. Is this acceptable? can I use a small washer type spacer? What is the best way to fasten them?

so you are saying if you push your converter all the way back...you have about 1/4 gap?

check one thing...move the converter back n forth and listen for a clak ..clak..noise...and the converter should spin freely...

then you will know the hub of the converter is engaged in the pump...

1/4 is fine...it will move forward when you tighten the bolts

If you're sayin you cannot physically make the converter touch the flexplate BY HAND, then you gotta problem.

so you are saying if you push your converter all the way back...you have about 1/4 gap?

check one thing...move the converter back n forth and listen for a clak ..clak..noise...and the converter should spin freely...

then you will know the hub of the converter is engaged in the pump...

1/4 is fine...it will move forward when you tighten the bolts
The converter will move forward but I wasn't sure how much forward would be safe before disengaging something.

If the converter is built right, the bolt lugs/tabs are the proper thickness and no mods, like a mid-plate, the converter should cozy-up to the flexplate. If the center of the converter bottoms out in the crank and there is an obvious space between the flexplate and converter, then a washer can be used. But then you have to watch the bolt length for sufficient engagement and clearance between the block and any the head of any aftermarket bolts you might use.

-
Back