Flip top cap on a dart

-
I'd sure like to put one of these flip caps on my 73 Swinger, but I need to know which cap fits, even if I have to make my own adaptor. Could someone please answer that question?
I don't want to buy the wrong one....

I hate to be the odd guy out, but I am not a fan of it up there. I DO like it on the side as seen in several pictures on page 1. It looked good on the Charger because, in my opinion, the top of the quarter panel was curved and smooth.

I'd sure like to put one of these flip caps on my 73 Swinger, but I need to know which cap fits, even if I have to make my own adaptor. Could someone please answer that question?
I don't want to buy the wrong one....
As far as the mechanical layout is concerned I don't know if there's a difference. In appearance, yes. But I think they all fit the same. And if you have to make it fit anyway, I'd go with the one you like best and make it happen.

I saved the one that was on my '68 Barracuda and welded the sheet metal pocket into the quarter on my '72 Duster. Lower profile and I think it'll work out fine.

DSCN0013.JPG
DSCN0597.JPG

As far as the mechanical layout is concerned I don't know if there's a difference. In appearance, yes. But I think they all fit the same. And if you have to make it fit anyway, I'd go with the one you like best and make it happen.

I saved the one that was on my '68 Barracuda and welded the sheet metal pocket into the quarter on my '72 Duster. Lower profile and I think it'll work out fine.

View attachment 1716269916View attachment 1716269917

Between the Charger and Barracuda flip tops and the model year there’s a few minor changes, like the bolt pattern to bolt the cap to the body, whether or not there cap says “fuel” on it or is plain, and whether the cap is set up with a spring and gasket to seal the fuel tube or whether it was set up to have a fuel cap under the flip top.

But pretty much all of them will work with the adapter.

I have some extra flip tops, if someone wants to message me about them so as not to make this a for sale thread.

-
Back