Floods locally

-
Not looking good for Mankato, Minnesota...

But it's still holding-in there!

The Mayor of Mankato was on the radio yesterday, and he said if the dam burst they were "prepared for it", whatever that means. Looking at a map it appears there's some distance between the dam and town, which would gain them some time, but still....

But it's still holding-in there....

The Mayor of Mankato was on the radio yesterday, and he said if the dam burst they were "prepared for it", whatever that means. Looking at a map it appears there's some distance between the dam and town, which would gain them some time, but still....
At least it looks like that dam isn't holding back a huge reservoir.

Last edited:
At least it looks like that dam is holding back a huge reservoir.
Yeah. Busy as hell here at work (I'm eating lunch at my desk), so no time to listen to the radio or search the interwebs for more info, but just hoping and praying that new channel doesn't widen and drain that reservoir, as that looks like a lot of water.

train bridge in north Sioux .. built 1879 , died 2024 .. fell into river

oldbridge.jpg

My late Wednesday update ..

The good , the water heater was able to be fixed ! .. he took the cover off and cleaned the connections it all checked out fine, just took 1st hot shower in 6 days

The bad , well the furnace / air handler looks to be junk, he was messing with it and a giant spark blew out with a loud BANG ..

They are sourcing replacement, hot in the house :(

The good ,more or less the basement is clear of all items

The bad , going to take me several hours tomorrow to scoop, shovel , mop ,scrape ,sweep everything left up and then .. dump a few gallons of Clorox and disinfectant all over and mop it all up .

the good, I'm still here and ready to be cool in here again

well clean up is mostly done , going to let it dry some ( 5 fans going )

and hit it once more later tonight

HVAC will be here at 830 am .. and $4000 later and he thought 4 hours , we might have AC again

and .. guess what , storms and heavy rain forecast for Monday :(

so far, today .. its not as bad outside , the equipment is in but, he said .. someone will be back to hook up t-stat later , no idea why he didn't ..

-
Back