floor pan brackets

-

my68barracuda

Reaction score
I am going to have the compete floor pan replaced in the 68 Barracuda due to rust.
The shop that I am working with said they would rather do a complete floor pan rather
than patch in sections for the driver-passenger and driver side areas, the center drive shaft
hump is solid, but I guess it makes sense to set in one piece instead of three large patches.

But my real questions are,
1) the AMD replacement panel does not include the center console or the auto shifter brackets. or the rear seat brackets. I am thinking that I could cut the brackets free from my existing rusty pan, trim off the excess material and re weld the OE brackets to the new pan. It that possible?

2) Is the replacement AMD pan marked to indicate the locations of the brackets? Or do I need to get good measurements, perhaps make templates to re locate the brackets?
Is there and easier way to properly locate the brackets than what I am thinking?

thanks

A friend of mine put floors in my 68 Dart. He did just that. Cut off the old brackets and welded them to the new floors. Used the old floor as reference measurements...Im sure, its just fine...

Remove old pan, leave the brackets. Set in new pan, from under car scribe around brackets. Pull pan out drill spot welds holes. That's my plan anyway.
20180926_210057.jpg

-
Back