Floor pan seal

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
So I have almost all the carpet out and want to seal the pan. Things don't look to bad so I'm wondering how important is it to follow all the steps for the por15 process? Also if you have to rinse things with water how do you do it without making a watery mess? One more item, I would like to keep the radio face plate but not the whole unit just to make a little more room behind it. Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

It's very important that you follow all the instructions with POR15, if you don't it won't get adhesion and can peel right off. Ask me how I know that :rolleyes:.

You can pull the rubber plugs in the floor to drain the car between steps and replace them after. Might not hurt to buy a plug kit, as some will probably be damaged in removal. And take your time so everything dries up.

With that radio, if you wanted to install the more modern unit you have there you'd have to cut the dash. And the faceplate isn't big enough for a modern unit, it's not going to work. With as clean as that dash looks, I would leave the stock unit in place and mount the aftermarket radio below the dash or in the glove box or something.

-
Back