floor plugs for bench seat racks in bucket seat car

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm working on my 70 Dart GT. When we stripped the interior only 2 of the original rubber plugs for the bench seat tracks survived and the new floor plug kit I bought doesn't include them. Anybody know of a source?

Are you sure they are original?

AFAIK, the unneeded holes simply didn't get drilled.

Are you sure they are original?

Agreed. I would think a hardware store or even Menards would have some plugs. Silicone or glue it in.

Not true. The bench seat holes are in the floor pan and were plugged from the factory when bucket seats were installed. My 68 Dart convertible is the same way. It had 4 small plastic plugs in the bench seat holes.

DSCN1743-zpscf3be779.jpg

If that's the case, I wonder if they are the same plugs used on B body doors near where the remote mirror joystick goes.

These are rubber floor plugs like others in the floor pan, but a bit smaller than the rest. They are much larger than the fly window adjustment screw covers in the door. Still looking for a source...

All the cars got "drilled " for bench seats (actually these were probably in the floor pan before it was installed on the assembly line). Bucket seat cars were drilled through dimples pre-made in the floor pan, had the reinforcements welded in place over the inside holes and got plugs in the bench seat holes. (thank you, burdar for the pics!).

-
Back