Floor Shifter Trim

-

GaryS

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for the flexible black-plastic trim strip that surrounds and moves with the floor shifter shaft?

If no repro parts are available, I'd be satisfied to find a piece of high quality plastic to make one. I had some material I salvaged from a container, but it was too thin and cracked.

(Shifter boot) and I'd bet you can find 300 of them to choose from with a google search.
Oh, you are probably asking about the plastic strip for an automatic?
Heck I'd just make one if I were you.

Yes, it's an automatic...and I would make one if I can find material heavy enough that it doesn't crack in a very short time.

a small piece of black Abs or Delrin should so the job. i used to pick up small pieces for projects like this from the remnant table at TAP plastics.
they are a west coast chain but recently opened a web store. www.tapplastics.com/‎
if you have any kind of plastic supply near you, you should be able to find a small scrap piece for a buck or two (or maybe even free) good luck.

Does anyone have a source for the flexible black-plastic trim strip that surrounds and moves with the floor shifter shaft?

If no repro parts are available, I'd be satisfied to find a piece of high quality plastic to make one. I had some material I salvaged from a container, but it was too thin and cracked.

Yes, it's an automatic...and I would make one if I can find material heavy enough that it doesn't crack in a very short time.

I used the black plastic divider found in an office binders to fashion a replacement slider. These three ring binder sheet lifters come in different thicknesses and varying hardnesses, you should find a variety at an office supply store, or online. Here is an example for less than a dollar, Print File SL113 3" Sheet Lifters for O-Ring 900-1003 B&H

print_file_900_1003_sl113_3_sheet_lifters_1420668353000_1110368.jpg

Last edited:
That piece is reproduced. I cant recall where I saw it. Detroit Muscle Technologies ? Classic Industries ?
I have made a few over the years. Even made for and shipped to others. Having the broken OEM in hand helps.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to go the easy way and ordered the ebay item.

-
Back