Floor shifter with bench seat

-

Hyper Henry

Reaction score
Anybody running an aftermarket auto floor shifter with a bench seat?? If so some pics would be great as I would like to see how its laid out and how practical it is :help: I want to keep my bench seat and trying to decide if I keep the column shifter or replace the column with a non column shift and put an aftermarket shifter in.

Car is not an A-Body its a big block 67 Coronet but I really like the feed back For A-Bodies Only members give so posting it here:thumbrig:

Thanks
Derrick

Anybody running an aftermarket auto floor shifter with a bench seat?? If so some pics would be great as I would like to see how its laid out and how practical it is :help: I want to keep my bench seat and trying to decide if I keep the column shifter or replace the column with a non column shift and put an aftermarket shifter in.

Car is not an A-Body its a big block 67 Coronet but I really like the feed back For A-Bodies Only members give so posting it here:thumbrig:

Thanks
Derrick

AWE that's nice Canadian's you gotta love em lol just bustin your nuts , I'm doing the same thing in a dart with a bench seat , what we are going to do is raise the shifter if you have just a lap belt you don't have to raise the shifter the reason we have to raise the shifter is I can't reach it with the 5 point harness on lol it's hard to reach the dash anyway if you have to raise it just make a pedestal for it to sit on where it is most comfortable for you.

Hope this help's I don't have any pix yet cause we haven't got that far yet lol

Mike a fellow Canadian

How fast is the car? Unless it becomes a drivability issue I would leave the column shift. I love the sleeper look of a bench seat with a column shift. I had a dart running hi 11's and my buddy was going hi 10's with column shifts. Just my 2 cents!!

How fast is the car? Unless it becomes a drivability issue I would leave the column shift. I love the sleeper look of a bench seat with a column shift. I had a dart running hi 11's and my buddy was going hi 10's with column shifts. Just my 2 cents!!

Car is a street car that might go to the track a couple times a year. Probably mid to low 12's ?? I am seriously considering keeping the column shifter in it as well after seeing the latest Mopar mag with that rusty 66 hemi Coronet with the linelock on the column shifter and a bench seat:headbang:

This is something I'm planning on doing as well. I had a B&M Starshifter once, and I loved it. It was very heavy duty and shifted solid and perfect every time. It can be used in regular mode, or ratchet mode < Much funner in ratchet mode. This was in my '67 Firebird with a turbo 400 tranny with a shift kit.

I'm hoping my Dart will be equally impressive as far as the shifting, but likely I'll have to have a shift kit added! (Stage 2?)

My 'other' car was a bucket seat car, so I'm also concerned with the long reach to the shifter when used with a bench seat. This question has come up before, and I've seen some pictures, hopefully we'll get to see em again, and others as well.

Thanks for the pics straightlinespeed:thumbrig: I like the looks of that! What shifter is that?? Are there some that are higher than others to make it easier to reach so I don't have to lean over so much??

I believe its a Cheetah shifter. As for the height, I've seen people make brackets to raise it up higher. Im not leaned over all that much when I have to shift it. It was actually better than I expected. There may be however a different brand shifter that I dont know about that sits higher.

-
Back