Florida - Orlando/Melbourne

-

MB43

Reaction score
Anybody here from the Melborne or Orlando area? I'm considering a move down there... One of the things I've heard is that a lot of neighborhoods don't allow trailers on your property. Can anybody confirm/comment on this?

Hi Mike. Have you moved yet? Anyway, I'm in south Palm Bay. The thing about trailers,boats,campers is a few, you have to keep them on the side or back of your house (not in driveway) Most property lots are only 1/4 acre and that makes for only about 6-10 ft on the side of a house. I solved that problem with a 1/2 acre and a 12x24 shed. The places that will not let you have one are the gated communities which are usually deed restricted. In those you wouldnt be able to work on a car in your driveway either :wack:
Any more questions just ask. I hope this helped.

I'm about an hour North West of the Orlando area, and yea there are quite a few areas that don't allow trailers / cars. But like Eric said, that's usually in gated communities. But for the most part, it's not a problem. I live in a sub-division that doesn't "Allow" long term storage of Boats/trailers/cars, and there is at least one on just about every lot in here. And if the neighbors complain you can always put up a privacy fence.

Come on down!

I live 30 miles south of Melbourne in Vero Beach/Sebastian area. I moved here from North Jersey this past January. I did the same as Eric and got a 1/2 acre lot so I keep boat and trailer on side. I think Brevard County, where Melbourne is located, recently passed a law restricting trailers, trucks, and assorted other vehicles in driveways in front of home. There is a Mopar club named "Mopars of Brevard" located there. I know some of their members are on this board. I'm sure they can tell you just what the regulations are for sure. I'll tell you one thing though, they sure have some nice Mopars down here. I went to a Mopar car show in Feb. or March in Melbourne that had every ride you could think of. Primo stuff. Good luck with your move. Mike

Yeah, I did some research on the area and found the Mopar club. Plus one of the realtors my wife was talking to is a member, he sent us some info about it.

As for the move... As of righ tnow, it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. The job I was interviewing for either decided to hire somebody else or is just dragging their feet, I haven't heard from them in a while. So I don't know what's going on just yet.

-
Back