-

pacuda59

pacuda59
Reaction score
Keep an eye out for this beauty......

Flowered Hemi 'Cuda worth $1.4 million stolen

87c4d2379c3e687f67922248fb9db85c.jpg

$50,000 reward.

The only thing this car is gonna give the thief is ulcers. Its worth so much money, so many people know about it, that its just about worthless to the thief.

Unless its already out of the country, but even then if it pops up in somebodies collection overseas there are people in the know that know its still a stolen vehicle.

I'm going to repaint it B5 blue and get the (V1Q) top option (Blue/Green).

I never liked the yellow/green/black top (V1P) option................

I'm going to repaint it B5 blue and get the (V1Q) top option (Blue/Green).

I never liked the yellow/green/black top (V1P) option................

I'm glad you think your levity is funny. May karma be your guide in life.

Last edited:
I'll admit it made me laugh.
Feel bad for whoever gets the short stick in this.
Probably the insurance company.

Seems odd that in this day and age a car worth that kind of coin didn't have some type of tracking device hidden on it.Sounds sort of fishy to me.

Yep I smell scam?? Hope not but we will see.
Anyone see any updates on that other stolen cuda that was found/returned to the family about a year ago??

Yep I smell scam?? Hope not but we will see.
Anyone see any updates on that other stolen cuda that was found/returned to the family about a year ago??

Yeah, wasnt the police department running interference for the thief? Whatever did happen with the charges or lack of them?

Blind squirrel that's the one but the one in your link looks different.
Thanks for the link! I'll give it a read

Had lots of radio play up here for a time. Bunch of back and forth legal wrangling. But never heard an outcome. Guess the sensationalism is gone after initial story gets told. And yes, I think the picture is just a stock photo for the story.

Humm... I guess up here to me is down there to you. weird..

That car is in a container on it's way overseas. Probably to some sheik. You don't steal a car like that unless you already have a buyer, way too much publicity to move it otherwise. Or it's an insurance scam, that's about it. It wasn't stolen by "accident" by someone that didn't know what it was, it disappeared at a time the owner was away and wouldn't immediately notice AND while the car was already prepared to ship. No way that's a coincidence. The whole thing was planned ahead of time, either by the owner for the insurance or by the thief with a buyer.

I'm wondering if he left the keys in it and it was just crime of opportunity by some punk passing through the hood that didn't know what it was.

Here's a quote from someone on a different forum about the 2001 car

"Not sure if people outside this area saw this, but the dirtbag Lee Sitton did a telephone interview with Lars Larson. Lars is pretty conservative, no nonsense guy, and asked good questions. Sitton avoided answering anything with a Yes-No answer, and tried to justify why he should keep the car based simply on the fact that Rick didn't have insurance when it was stolen. He had the audacity to say, "If Mr White had insurance when the car was stolen, we wouldn't be having this discussion today."
It's a good listen if you want to check it out. Lars also interviewed Rick, and it seems Budget Towing is not totally blameless in this whole tragedy. Budget never actually had the car! They made up false lien papers stating storage fees were owed, in an attempt to get a lien title, so the car could be sold at auction! The car was never at the tow company; they were simply used to obtain a false title. The problem was they had to send papers to Rick's address, and they thought he had either moved or died by now. When he called them they immediately contacted Sitton and told him the game had gone south!
Here's the link to LArs' interviews. There's a 6 minute commercial break in Sittton's interview, so you can skip through that to hear the second half.
http://larslarson.com/richard-white-...the-1970-cuda/ "

What I want to know is, who was the complete, total dumbass moron idiot that let the car get into a position to even be stolen?

If I had resource enough to even HAVE a car like that, it would be under some super tight security.

What I want to know is, who was the complete, total dumbass moron idiot that let the car get into a position to even be stolen?

That's easy- the guy that arranged for it to be stolen. If it wasn't an insurance job, it still had to be someone with knowledge of both the car and the shipping arrangements. If the car was stolen by "accident", it would have already appeared somewhere. It's happened before with trailers that were stolen with well-known cars inside, the car magically appears somewhere after the publicity starts to get around. The theft happened for the trailer, the car was bonus, but when the car attracted attention it gets left somewhere. Not always, but it's definitely happened.

But I seriously doubt that some person who stole that car at random because the opportunity just came up, without knowing what it was, would hold onto it once all the publicity hit.

-
Back