Fly wheels

-

99CENTS

Reaction score
Does any one know if there is a difference between the regular 360 flywheel verse the magnum 360 flywheel. Or they both the same balance..........thanks

the only thing i can think of is that they might be a different tooth count... also i think the mag's have a crank sensor that picks up off the flywheel but not 100% on that...

After talking with persion flywheel company they said the are balanced ther same. The only difference is the magnum has the pickup for crank triger. So if your putting a carb on your magnum any 360 flywheel will work

After talking with persion flywheel company they said the are balanced ther same. The only difference is the magnum has the pickup for crank triger. So if your putting a carb on your magnum any 360 flywheel will work

another thing that can be done, you can use a later model magnum 360 flexplate from an automatic because they have the weight on them instead of the convertorl, and then just cut the tone ring off for the crank sensor, and sandwhich it between the crank and flywheel, just make sure its really tight. i have done the multiple times and it works great, then you can just use 143 tooth 3.9 or 5.2 flywheel

ABSOLUTELY 100% NOT TRUE.

They ARE different balance. How do I know? Not only do they sell a different MP flywheel, as mentioned, but I measured the holes on my Magnum 'wheel versus my 360 'wheel. The magnum holes are smaller diameter. I spec'd 'em out but that data is in my Magnum engines book in storage. I debated whipping up sets of weights to press fit the 360 wheel holes to balance it to Magnum 'wheels specs.

ABSOLUTELY 100% NOT TRUE.

They ARE different balance. How do I know? Not only do they sell a different MP flywheel, as mentioned, but I measured the holes on my Magnum 'wheel versus my 360 'wheel. The magnum holes are smaller diameter. I spec'd 'em out but that data is in my Magnum engines book in storage. I debated whipping up sets of weights to press fit the 360 wheel holes to balance it to Magnum 'wheels specs.

the balance offset will be almost exactly the same, the difference in balancing you notice are due to the tone ring added onto the magnum flywheel

and i also know theyre the same because mopar has used the same rotating assy in the 360ci motor from 1971 to 2003

all 360ci engines require a 19.7 to 19.8 IN-OZ. offset being L/a or magnum series

-
Back