flywheel manual transmission 6.1

-

Buschi340

Reaction score
today I faced a new problem. I dropped yesterday the engine in and looked forward to install the transmission today. I thought I checked everything with testfitting and such but what I did not check was the BOLT CIRCLE of the flywheel compared to the crank. And you can imagine - they are different... :-( this is not cool..... it appeared as a plug and play but now it isn't.

So what to do now? A new flywheel? Is there one on the market? What about the flywheel from a manual shifted Hemi like from a Challenger?

Any idea appreciated....

... and if there are some, does my existing clutch fit? And what would be the outside diameter? Does it fit my Dakota bell housing? Currently it's a stock 122 (?) teeth flywheel.

Attachments

• IMG_0593small.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0592small.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0591small.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 282
wonder if a machine shop could weld and redrill the fllywheel for you.

I had the same idea. But not welding, this brings too much heat into the plate. Pressing pins in and redrill.

on the other hand there is a plate on ebay.com. But I don't know the size and I don't know if the SB clutch will fit....

The flywheel you need is determined by which transmission and what bellhousing you're running. You're running the tr 6060? If so, I believe you need the flywheel off the new challenger, and you need a clutch for the new challenger (or a ram or spec aftermarket made for the chally).

The mopar performance flywheel will not work to my knowledge with the tr 6060.

the diameter of the auto flywheel is smaller than the stock SB flywheel I have. Is the challenger manual flywheel the same diameter as the auto flywheel? Than I can't use it. BTW I have a Toyota transmission w/ Dakota V6 bellhousing.

I gave today flywheel to a machine shop for welding and redrilling (CNC machine). Hope it's working.

-
Back