flywheel

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at this flywheel part # 4529142. or the P4529110. what do you guys think for a 360. I think the 440 source has it.

I'm doing a 360 883 swap, I purchased the 440 source flywheel. with the original balancer it should work great. Just have to make sure the weight is in the right position on the back. (bolts on).

I think the weight is already on there isn't it and you can remove it if needed to make it a neutral balance. I think that is what I read on there. you say you like it. Bill

I haven't installed it yet, still gathering parts. With all the options out there this seemed a good investment as you can remove the weight or move it to another position for different applications. I got the link for the 440 flywheel somewhere on here...inexpensive but billet and great finish

hey grjammer, I just spoke to 440 source about the flywheel 113-1014. it states that it is for small block v8 engines but the guy on the phone told me it will not work on the 360 unless you have mounted and balanced on the engine. I told him I was doing a auto to 4 speed conversion and the engine is not going to be balanced and he told me it will not work for my application. better check it out. I think I am going to go with the MP 4529110 from Summit.

The problem with the 440 source flywheel is the weight that comes with it is kinda generic, it will "work" with both the small block and the big block but the balance weight is not really precise for neither one. If you want to save some $ buy the 440 source wheel and then buy the Mcleod balance weight for a 360 (brewers sells it) if you want to save a little more money just take the weight from 440 source and whittle it down to 109 grams. The 440 source flywheel is just a cheaper knock-off of a Mcleod flywheel, the balance weight bolt pattern is the same between the two and will bolt to either one.

so if I buy the flywheel from 440 source and remove the weight that comes on it and buy the weight kit for the 360, that will make me right for the external balanced 360 and I will be good to go.

Anthony, where did you come up with the 109 grams for the weight. is there a chart somewhere or is it in a book. curious. I called 440 Source again and was talking to him about this and I don't think he know a lot. I asked him if I removed the weight that comes on the flywheel if it would be considered a neutral balanced flywheel at that point and he hesitated for a minute and then said yes. I then asked him if I bought the counter weight from someone like Summit for the external balance for a 360 and put it on if that would work and he said if it will bolt up ok then it would work. He didn't seem like he had heard that before. I am going to go that route I think. just order the flywheel from 440 source and get the external weight from Summit. Thanks for the suggestion. it will save me about $100.00. Bill

The 109 grams for the balance weight came from a thread on moparts and I believe there was a thread about it on here as well.

what is the difference in looks of the neutral balance and the external balance flywheel. Is the 3 holes in a row the difference compared to no holes.

use a318 or 340 steel crank fly wheel mopar performance makes a torque converter weight kit and template comes with weights for all external cranks I drill and counter sink the weights to the fly wheel and tape the fly wheel with 1/4 20 counter sunk allen screws lock tie them to the back side of the fly wheel the template aligns with the crank bolt pattern

-
Back