Fng

-

wickduster

Reaction score
Well I could not fight it anymore! My love for Mopars has come out. I have been an owner and lovers for chevys for a long time. But I found myself getting board with them, I still love them but not enough to own one. I purchased a 74 Duster with a 360. It was someone else's toy and it turned in to my project. I am now putting my stamp on the vehicle. I look forward to posting pic's and hearing from all your great advice. :prayer:

Let me be the second to Welcome you aboard

To all FABO friends.... treat him good.. He's an old friend of mine from wayyyyy back! He has seen the light! And had switched to Mopar!
Welcome Chad!!!!
You already got a welcome from Memike.... Youll see him a lot! :)

I hear ya, when I was in High school I wanted a Cuda, Well everytime the auto locator came out they were sold before I called the owner. So I settled for a 1969 Camaro and restored it and owned it for 15 years. I too got board seeing 1st gen Camaro's everywhere and I always ended up checking out the Mopars at car shows. I then became bored with it and sold it 4 years ago "yeah I miss it I put allot of time into it". Then 2 years later the itch came back for an old car but it was for a Mopar. I was realistic that Cuda's will never fit my budget, So I then remembered when I was 8 my neighbors were both 18 and 20 driving Dusters. They would paint there cars every 6 months outside no booth "funny now thinking about it the clouds of paint passing over our house" and throwing cams in and throwing wide Kragers on the rear. Boring story I know but that is what got me into liking old cars in the first place. I now own a 74 Duster, 360-4bbl, 4 spd, 3.23 sure grip! Some people think I'm nuts when I tell them I love this car better than my 69 Camaro! It road like ****, no trunk or room for kids. Dusters ride soooo much better, Plus every Mopar person I dealt with has been awesome from FABO to craigslist I have had nothing but open arms from Mopar folks. So thank you ALL!

PS Ford sucks! had to throw that out there!

Welcome to FABO, wickduster, from SoCal. Glad to see another convert from the 'Dark Side'.
You're going to have fun here. Post up some pics of your new toy when you get the chance.

Welcome. You'll have to be a little smarter and more resourceful to do Mopar, but not as smart as the American Motors guys. Chevy is just too easy, and they all look the same (350 w/ Edelbrock carb, ....). There is pride is being different.

Welcome aboard Chad!

Your going to find that we pay a bit more on some items, like an intake or cylinder head, but then again, you always pay for a better part. I (almost) feel bad for a Chevy guy wanting to upgrade to 18* valve heads when we get them stock. Though roller rockers of note are pricey by compare, then again, I (Almost) feel sorry for the Chevy guy that wants to upgrade his rocker arms to a nice Jesel bar system, we get it stock. Bigger diameter lifters for more aggressive cam profiles too. ;)

LOL @ RyanWBlandon for his quote;
"PS Ford sucks! had to throw that out there!"

Welcome to FABO WickDuster!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some pictures of your car - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Chassis Cert 3.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 151
Thanks Donnie for fixing and posting the pic of the duster for me, I tried posting some pics, but it keeps telling me the file is too big and the site won't support it. but I'll keep trying. Thanks again for the welcome wagon stuff I'm already way hooked on this this site.

welcome wickduster this site has supplied me with as much information on restoring my 68 darts as I will ever need......I hope lol

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back