Fold down back seat - I want!

-

DirtyDunko

Local Nerd
Reaction score
So I'm in the middle of doing a lot of body work on the rear end of my '74 Duster and before I finish tubbing the rear wheel wells I wanted to know...

Is it possible to swap out my bench seat for the folding back seat without some CRAZY amount of hardcore fabrication?

And...

What parts (besides the seat itself) would I need to do it.

I've tried searching the forums and can't seem to find anything so if this stuff has already been pointed out, please PM me with a link!

You guys are awesome! Keep it that way.

-Dirty

You have to basically cut the whole assembly from a car with it and brace up the body for strength.
You must cut out the entire package tray and leave the inner wheel tubs attached to it and switch it all over.
IMO easier and cheaper to find a car with it already

Don't forget the panel that goes from trunk to pass compartment.

I'll be doing the same thing in the next six months. The only thing I don't have is the sheet metal for the package tray, but I never did like the gap that the fold down deck has.
So the parts list looks something like this. If you want to make it look factory installed.
Seat back
Seat bottom
Wheel well covers
Seat latches ( one for each side ) and latch covers
Package tray ( sheet metal, fiber board and trim AND the brackets for the trim that are welded to the wheel wells )
Fuel filler tube
Fold down trunk separator plate ( with flat brackets that weld to the floor )
Trunk separator plate latch catches ( they bolt to the underside of the package tray )
Tail light interior cover plate ( wicked expensive ....IF you can find one. Cannot be used with electric trunk latch mod )
I've been collecting parts for 3-4 yrs...

-
Back