FOR 73Abodee You asked for it...

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
Well in another thread I posted in about 318 Emblems, everyone (73Abodee) was intrigued with the chrome (looking) Bezels on my dual snorkel scoop. I finally broke down and told them it was 1/8" plastic stick on chrome looking trim. Something you can pick up at any local auto store. I also mentioned that originally I was going to use it on my tail lights to accent the raised area of the lense. Well at the time it was hot and my patience was veerryy thin because of the heat. So I started looking at other areas to put the trim. So thats why I did the scoop. Now onto the challenge from 73Abodee.. He dared me to go ahead with my original thought.. So I did.. So this is for you..

I started with the plain lense, then I cut a piece about 28" long. Using my trusty "Bic" lighter I barely heated the place where I needed a bend..and held it till it stayed bent the way I wanted it. Then I slowly worked it around the lense and each corner working it slow making sure that it would stick to the plastic. (small hint I used some laquer thinner to clean the raised area of the lense so the tape would stick) Now if you notice in the third picture the left side of the lense the tape is uneven and needs to be worked. The right side turned out pretty good. That would be the last 2 pictures.. So 73Abodee Back'atcha.. It's your turn! :prayer:

19 Again..

Attachments

• Tail Light 1.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Tail Lite 4.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Tail light 4.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Tail Light 2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Tail Light 3.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 144
that IS a great idea . the bottom pic looks really NICE. you have way more patience than i do LOL. now its time for the hood tach LOL.

Thanks everyone.. It's kinda one of those things, where you just go out to the garage and "putz" around..

-
Back