For A-bodies only car show !

-

Stinger

Reaction score
Has there been any dates kicked around for a car show sponsored by this board or one that members of this board are planning a get together at ? Like Carlisle or sumthin like that?

If there are plans int he making, I would like to make them on my calender for this year.

Let me know...

thanx!

I was planning on doing a track rental but the 2 tracks I called (atco and Island in NJ) are booked for the year. Im going to try LVD in NY still.

Last year were had a BBQ in CT, we'll probably do that again and we can always get together at The atlantic nationals or Mopars at LVD.

A get together at the Mopar Atlantic Nationals at Raceway Park
would be great. I plan on being there on Saturday of the event.
I don't usually show, but I do race. If you guys are going I would
enter the show area though. :thumrigh:

onehellofadart said:
A get together at the Mopar Atlantic Nationals at Raceway Park
would be great. I plan on being there on Saturday of the event.
I don't usually show, but I do race. If you guys are going I would
enter the show area though. :thumrigh:

I'll be there this year...

I'm pretty sure that's where I met Adam last year. And MikesDuster, too. And one other guy who's name I can't remember... Rory, maybe?

I'm gonna race, too. My car isn't show-worthy. ;-)

Adam - did you call e-town about renting the track?

What about PA?

Mikel- yup thats were Rory and I met you last year.
No I didnt call E-Town. Didnt even think of it for some reason.

Also I'll talk to Rory and see when he wants to have the get together at his place this year. The earlier we come up with a date the better chances of having a large tun out will be.

Us Mid-Western state guys should setup a date for this area too. Anyone have any suggestions?

Instead of renting a track for the day, what about a meeting or get-together at an exisitng Mopar show like Mopars at E-town or Chryslers at Carlisle. We could have a tent set up for board memebers, do a BBQ, drink some real Canadian Beer. (yes, I can bring some beer)...

This way we could have several events posted in different States to accomodate all.

This would keep the costs down and we still get to have our own deal at the same time...

Just a thought.

69S383FB said:
Instead of renting a track for the day, what about a meeting or get-together at an exisitng Mopar show like Mopars at E-town or Chryslers at Carlisle. We could have a tent set up for board memebers, do a BBQ, drink some real Canadian Beer. (yes, I can bring some beer)...

This way we could have several events posted in different States to accomodate all.

This would keep the costs down and we still get to have our own deal at the same time...

Just a thought.

I mentioned that up a little further. That would work well because we could still race if we wanted to. I'm going to get a hold of some one at E-town and see what a space costs.

AdamR said:
69S383FB said:

Just a thought.

I mentioned that up a little further. That would work well because we could still race if we wanted to. I'm going to get a hold of some one at E-town and see what a space costs.

No beer at E-Town, though.

We got some great ideas banging around! I go to E-Town & Carlisle so naturally I'm up for either or both.

As far as a track rental, if you want to see some blistering 15 second runs from my Wife's GTI count me in :wink: I doubt my sh!tbox will be in one piece anytime soon :?
Let's make this HAPPEN!

I'm all up for E-Town. I'm going to see how much for a large vendors spot. Big enough for a tent, Some part I have to sell and my car.

What day is better for E-Town Sat. or Sun ? I wont be able to do bolth.

Rory is up for a BBQ at his place again. Hes got 2 acres and plenty of parking. there is also a good size car cruise around the corner.

This year @ E-Town:

May 14, Sat 19th Annual Mopar Atlantic Nationals. Muffled Mopar Drag Racing. Gates Open 9AM.

May 15, Sun 19th Annual Mopar Atlantic Nationals. The East Coast’s Largest All Mopar Drag Race, Swap Meet and Auto Show. 1/8 Mile Closed

This is from last year, I don't think they've posted the info for this year yet... But the phone number is still good:

For further information about the MOPAR ATLANTIC NATIONALS or for a motel or campground listing contact Raceway Park at 732-446-7800 during normal business hours or on the Internet at www.racewaypark.com.

SWAP MEET AND FLEA MARKET PRE-REGISTRATION

Please reserve ______ number of Collector Car Corral spaces @$35.00 each per weekend if pre-registration is postmarked by April 30. ($5.00 additional at Gate or pre-registration is postmarked after April 30)

Please reserve ______ number of 20' x 20' Swap Meet spaces @ $60.00 each per weekend if pre- registration is postmarked by April 30. ($5.00 additional at Gate or pre-registration is postmarked after April 30)

Total amount enclose $_______________ Check or Money Order ONLY in advance.

The official hotel of "MOPAR ATLANTIC NATIONALS" is the Ramada Inn of East Brunswick, N.J. (732) 828-6900. Reserve rooms early. Ask for Jody and mention MOPAR ATLANTIC NATIONALS.

MAKE CHECK PAYABLE AND MAIL TO:

Raceway Park
c/o MOPAR ATLANTIC NATIONALS
230 Pension Road
Englishtown, New Jersey 07726

So I should probably get 2 spots. $120 isnt bad.

Do they let you bring any food in ? I could bring a small grill.

AdamR said:
So I should probably get 2 spots. $120 isnt bad.

Do they let you bring any food in ? I could bring a small grill.

Yep. But no alcohol.

There is a bar there, though... It should be open in 2005.

AdamR said:
So guys Saturday or Sunday ?

I prefer Sunday...

This is from last year:

Saturday
* Muffled Drag Racing with King Of The Hill !!! - 10am to 3pm
* Mopar Car Show - compete for best in your class on pavement
* Giant Swap Meet & Flea Market on pavement
* Collector Car Corral area on pavement
* Cruize to Freehold - Nighttime.
* 2-Day Viper Region Rendezvous
* Burn-Out Contest

Sunday
* East Coast’s Biggest Mopar Show
* Full day of Mopar Drag Racing
* Hemi All Stars Challenge!
* Giant Swap Meet & Flea Market on pavement
* Collector Car Corral area on pavement
* Mopar Car Show - compete for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in your class
* Nostalgic Drag Racing & More

So as to not burden any one person, we could put a list to gether of people going and what they may be able to bring. ie. burgers, buns, coke, munchies, dont forget the A-bodies only t-shirts and calenders.

I could bring a couple of cases of coke (prefer beer, but I got the message about the alcohol) Is the ban on alcohol still apply to Canadian beer ?
Maybe its exempt because its outta state beer and when any Americans drink it, they get too drunk to remember the rule anyway ! :tongue: :drunken: :tongue:

I would be up for a mid west meeting if enough guy's want to make it work.

If I fly out for the party, where do I fly in to and where should I stay?

Youd probably want to fly in to JFK in NY. Theres a Ramada Inn near E-Town.

It would be nice if we could have one down here in the south..Its awful far to travel up north every year...I'm on a tight budget for goodness sake..if i havent already pounded that point away. Just a thought though.

68ValiantEffort said:
It would be nice if we could have one down here in the south..Its awful far to travel up north every year...I'm on a tight budget for goodness sake..if i havent already pounded that point away. Just a thought though.

Jersey is south, isn't it?

-
Back