FOr all my fellow bassists out there....

-
I thought that about banjo. I figured since I can play guitar, 5 strings had to be easier than 6. Wrong.

I thought that about banjo. I figured since I can play guitar, 5 strings had to be easier than 6. Wrong.

You are what is called a "guitard", Rob. ;p;

btw, I have a wonderful Silvertone for sale with a brand new dreadnaught case....

Amen, brother!! I play the upright, and there ain't nothing easy about it! It wears me out playing it sometimes, its such an interactive insturment, but I wouldn't have it any other way!! Geof

Amen, brother!! I play the upright, and there ain't nothing easy about it! It wears me out playing it sometimes, its such an interactive insturment, but I wouldn't have it any other way!! Geof

I started on Cello in 4th grad and moved to upright in 8th grade, I started playing electric bass, some time in the middle of that.

You're right, Double bass is a full body work out.! lol

I've been a mediocre guitar player since 1984 and a poor to fair bass player since about 1992.

A couple of years ago I had to school my wife that bass is NOT "just for guys that can't play the guitar".

Now she can point out songs with good bass lines.

Go girl!

I tried the banjo about three times- whew!!

I can play a banjo, ONLY if I tune it like a tenner guitar. lol
I was at the Guitar Center a few days ago, and they have a 6 string banjo that uses guitar E-e tuning. I'm thinking of grabbing one just for the hell of it. Just for personal use.

I will come clean now if you boys won't laugh...I play the banjo, mandolin, guitar, bass, drums, and yes....the accordion!! There, its out!! And, I love Zydeco music!!

I feel much better now!!...

I will come clean now if you boys won't laugh...I play the banjo, mandolin, guitar, bass, drums, and yes....the accordion!! There, its out!! And, I love Zydeco music!!

Not gonna laugh.

I was doing pretty good at teaching myself the acoustic until I hit some chords I can't get my fingers around. My fingers are fairly crooked from work all these years. Turns out getting it necked down will cost more than a new one. Hasn't been in the budget for a few years, now.

But when I was sitting down and playing all I could think of was my grandfather. Guitar, banjo, and violin. Proficient with all three.

And all I wanna do is a play a few songs... one day.

Well, really the only oddball instrument in the bunch is the accordion, and even that is making a pretty nice come back, now.

....(chortle) Sorry!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=281936

I just found out one of my new "employees" is a concert trained upright bass player that's also spent time in metal bands. I knew there was something I liked about him.

He also asked if I was interested in a Marshall stack he has "laying around".

Of course, just when I was starting to seriously consider switching to bass as my primary instrument-
(because everyone and his brother seems to be a guitarist)
I've met five local bass players in the last two years.

Here's a video my bassist buddy sent me. He really gets going around the 1:12 mark.

[ame]http://youtu.be/e1tQNqQqIU8[/ame]

-
Back