For Duster, Demon owners

-

grassy

Reaction score
Has anyone moved the radio antenna off the front fender to the rear fenders or back of trubk/roof ? Pictures ?

Thanks
Grassy

They make hidden antenas you can put them any where in the car. I left my antena where it was because I wanted the car to have the factory look at shows. I keep the mast off though , its on the rear floor if I need it at a Drive in Movie, I just screw it on. As far as music can't hear it while its running , but I got the beat of 13-1's and a 700 roller that makes it dance on its own. I occasionally catch myself tapping to the beat. Its also easier to cover the car without it screwed on.

Waiting to hear what the new 360 with the TTis will sound like...the /6 jut drones..had to take off the antenna when I put the car cover on...We will be sticking a 1300 watt stereo into it for the kids...it will not be on with my son....but for my girly girl...

Thanks
Ian.

Grassy,
When I bought my 73 cuda the guy had filled in the hole for the antenna and was going to put the AAR cuda antenna in the rear but never got to it. I installed mine in the trunk. I drilled out a hole big enough for the base on the right trunk hing support. I made it so it was as far back and up as possible. Then placed the antenna horizontal. The Cuda trunk space is very small and my spare tire a 245 x 60 x 15 barely fit but it didn't touch the antenna. I am planning on doing the same thing to my 71 Demon. I like the clean look of the fender without an antenna. Good luck with your project.

Taz,

How is the reception...the car will not have Sirius radio ?

What a cool idea.

ian.

Wainting for the monsoons to stop and the night temp to get above 45 degrees...this time last year, we had sunburns and 890 degree weather...global warming ?

Grassy,
I had no problems with the reception. I have also seen a new electronic type antenna, well I think it is. Basically it is a 6-8 foot wire with a reciever or something at one end. You can lay this out anywhere in the car and remains hidden. I will try and see if I can fins the web sight or flyer that I saw this on and post it. I thought it was kind a neat idea.
TAZZ

mine was on the glass, like a cb intena? had a base with metal clipts that clipped onto the rear windsheild trim.

Guys,

I am leaving the AM radio in place..I think it works but the PO had put the cheapist POS under the dash. I am doing a custom console with a new deck and wondered if I could run that wire under the carpet..would like it to be invisible however. would the metal against the antenna bugger it up ?

Thanks as always,
Grassy

On one car I own, the PO had the antenna mounted under the car on the driver side through the trans crossmember. It worked fine, and the position did not require swapping the factory antenna cable

Grant

Grant,

What a hoot..and it was probably a discussion item at shows as well...double duty !

ian.

-
Back