For Sale Ads....

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
How come it says before you agree to post a for sale ad that it states in #4 “be aware, ads that are inactive for 30 days are automatically closed” ......but then you see an old for sale ad that’s has been recently commented on from several years ago?

I also feel like ads should go for maybe 60 days...sometimes it takes longer for the buyer to find the right part. If I “bump” my ad does that keep it alive? I feel like I should know this since I have been around this place forever but I was away for awhile and some things have changed....Thanks!

546DF5BA-E086-4AD4-95BD-8CE728B80803.png

D37BE802-7B07-40D4-907F-76153C630F88.png

Sometimes you just wonder WTH people are thinking when they dig one out of the ad boneyard like that? I just had to ask if he saw the ad was 4 years old.....lol.

Sometimes you just wonder WTH people are thinking when they dig one out of the ad boneyard like that? I just had to ask if he saw the ad was 4 years old.....lol.

I know, I laugh every time lol

I have dug up old ads but just sent the OP a msg and asked if by chance they still had the item

I don't see Winston (OP of that ad) on here much anymore, but if he gets a notification....he will bend over backwards to help the guy. He can post some :realcrazy: stuff, but he's got a heart big enough to break down a dump truck!

That was before fabo started auto closing the ads after 30 days of no activity. Basic cant legally bump and gold can bump every 3 days

That was before fabo started auto closing the ads after 30 days of no activity. Basic cant legally bump and gold can bump every 3 days
but none members can add more info, pictures or lower prices...which in essence does the same

I've got parts listed that didn't sell, and they are way past 30 days. As a Gold member, how do I "bump" (relist) these ads? 2nd question, when I bump the ads can I reduce the price as well?

@Bob Jasinski

If the ad is still active you can post new content and thats your bump. Whatever you put in the comment is up to you ie price, quantity.. ect.

Now the flip side, older ads don't appear in the same order or sequence as do the recently created ones. In other words do you want your post on top of the pile or buried in the haystack?

Non gold members are "not supposed" to bump ads at all. But it's not enforced much.

@Bob Jasinski

If the ad is still active you can post new content and thats your bump. Whatever you put in the comment is up to you ie price, quantity.. ect.

Now the flip side, older ads don't appear in the same order or sequence as do the recently created ones. In other words do you want your post on top of the pile or buried in the haystack?

Thanks for the feedback. So, if I want the ad to be current, show up as new, I need to create a whole new ad, right?

Thanks for the feedback. So, if I want the ad to be current, show up as new, I need to create a whole new ad, right?
Correct. Open a new seperate tab and copy the info over to it. Yes content is entirely up to you. See if you can delete the old ad when finished if you want it gone.

Well, I'm a "gold" member that can bump one of my for sale ads, during their time limits that this forum has, that i am allowed to do.
All that i do is post an emoji, with the thumbs up, or smiling face, or American flag, in the next response column.

-
Back