For Sale Frustration!

-

WyKev

Reaction score
I'm admittedly new to Mopars and A bodies, but have been in other car addictions for years and have never had this happen so much.

Someone puts an ad in saying "I've got these parts for sale" I email, pm them or both and get NOTHING back. Are these folks just yanking my chain?

Other forums I've been on were really good at replying at least. I need several small things and a couple bigger items so I keep hitting folks that are parting out a car, trying for the one place, several things gig.

Is it Mopar folks or have I just had a run of bad luck? (3 folks) I mean, if you are going to list something, it's just common courtesy to follow thru. The forums have been great, friendly folks, but this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Okay, rant over, back to Dart decsions.

Sometimes guys list something for a price and if they get a bunch of emails on it they think its worth twice what theyre asking so they decide to hold onto it or up the price. Some just dont take the time to respond if its been sold. I always try to respond, but sometimes emails go into my junk box and I dont catch them.

Well, I agree, it's a pain in the *** but lately I am guilty of being the slow guy to respond. This is one scenario. I list some parts for sale and a guy asks if I have something else related to this part for his car, i.e. inner fenders. Yup, got 'em but I now have to do a LOT of work and go for a 40 minute one way drive to get them packed for a shipping price. It's a pain but as long as he is patient I'll get it done. I've been way too busy to spend a half a day with these things.
Ordinarily when I list something I have it handy and ready to ship so things like this don't happen. I did slip a little on a small part lately but it's all worked out and shipping today.

I've been there too. Time is real nasty sometimes. My thing is, just drop me a quick" Get back next week" Heck, i'ld even take a Buzz Off. Its way better than no response at all!

Kev, not sure if youve tried this but along with sending a pm also respond to the post with a "pm sent". I know that I lose stuff to my spam filter so when Im trying to get ahold of someone to buy something I turn it off and deal with the hundreds of junk emails for a few days to make sure I dont miss an important 1.

I had to check to make sure he wasn't talking about me

I have tried to buy parts and sell some. I run into the problem you are mentioning and I'm guilty of not following thru sometimes. I have a Big Block K member that I had someone interested in but after taking some pictures found a problem with it and sent him a new picture.

I also have a set of doors from a 71~72 Dart. A guy in VA wanted them but checked on shipping and they wanted me to remove the glass. I don't want to disassemble the doors or build a crate to ship them in, so I have not done anything else. I really don't want to ship them, just hope someone close would want them and we could get together for an exchange.

I have been trying to buy the trunk trim for a 67 Dart 270 or GT, had some pictures sent to me and the guy said they were mine until I told him I didn't want them. I send him a message on how he wanted me to pay him and he told me he sold them locally, the other guy was to send pictures of some he had and I have not seen a thing.

Some times we all get too busy and forget (we are all getting older)

I hope that you find what you are looking for, and at some point hope to get the trim for my trunk so I can put my finish panel back on

I am very new to this forum but I have been a member of a softball forum where we sell and trade bats on a very regular basis. One thing we do on that forum that might should be considered here is we have a sales feedback section and we all work together to get bad deals resolved. Everytime you do a deal with someone they should go in and leave feedback that you are GTG or if it is a bad deal they will post details on what made it a bad deal. On the site you build a good reputation for yourself and people are more likely to deal with you. If you get a bad reputation no one will want to risk dealing with you. With a good rep people will actually pay you before you ship. with no rep/bad rep they will not pay untill they have product in hand. I think the desire to continue to deal and build a good rep causes some people to "move faster" and works realy well. Like this board we are a family on the softball board and when there is a bad deal people who have no interest in the deal still help to get it resolved.

-
Back