For strip-streei, What's the next step up from a cone or clutch sure grip ?

-

Blue Grey Duster

Reaction score
I'm putting together a 4" X 4" ,360 Duster auto with an 8 3/4 and will be changing the axles to a BBP. So I'm thinking while I'm there, what about the sure grip? The clutch type rear seems to be the way to go with slicks, but I don't have one and I was wondering what is the next step up the ladder? What's your experience ?

Detroit Truetrac.

That said, I think you'd do fine with a clutch style sure grip. Hell my cone style is working pretty well for me so far.

Steve

Thanks Steve

You know, you hear so many opinions about what you need, it's good to hear from a racer. Those are very nice times and I certainly would be happy with those numbers.

Gary

Detroit Truetrac.

That said, I think you'd do fine with a clutch style sure grip. Hell my cone style is working pretty well for me so far.

Steve

the true track isn't the one with and worm gears is it? those are more of a road race peice

The clutch type "sure grip" is a Power-Lok. It's probably the best posi out there. The Eaton would be a close second, don't know it they make one for the 8 3/4 but I doubt it. The bad thing about cone style posi's is that you don't rebuild it, you throw it in the trash when it's worn out.

The Power-Lok is the ultimate for the 8 3/4, or just about anything else they make it for.

Russ.

-
Back