For the NHRA followers. I know I’ll be tuning in.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Lots of titles coming down to the last race of the season. Should be fun.

IMG_0260.jpeg

Crap. I usually get free tickets and hospitality for the finals (and winters) thru a friend, but I wasn't paying attention, and I'm stuck in AZ. Oh well. Guess I'll have to settle for TV.
Crap!
(My cali house is about five minutes from the track. Too bad the track is useless to the ordinary racer).

I have a vested interest since I have been working with JHG and they have full sponsorship with Erica Enders and Bo Butner and associate sponsorship with Tony Stewart racing Leah and Matt! Gonna be interesting...

Last edited:
The count down system has once again provided nail biter endings for 2023.

TF DRAGSTER: Anybody but Torrence. Kallita is the most deserving TF Dragster driver ever.
TF FUNNY CAR: Mopar Matt Hagan, of course. Thank goodness "Toyota Ron" and NAPA are out of it.
PRO STOCK: Erica. I believe that Greg Anderson will announce his retirement after Pomona.

I have a vested interest since I have been working with JHG and they have full sponsorship with Erica Enders and Bo Butner and associate sponsorship with Tony Stewart racing Leah and Matt! Gonna be interesting...
I think Scag will be her main sponsor next year. I too hope she wins the championship again this year.

It’s hard for me to go against Leaha but if Kallita won it I wouldn’t be upset.

I don't follow the Pros too much as I like Stock and Super Stock much more , but it would be nice to see Doug Kalitta Win the championship, he's been at it a long time as has Connie. Of course if not him Leah and the Mopar crew same with Matt Hagen in F/C .. Pro Stock I could care less No Mopar = No Care .. Except for Alan

Yep Doug has been soooo close so many times he earned it…!! A New England guy Tasca has my vote…(I know he’s a ford guy) Pro stock bike Gauge has this locked in. (The kid can flat out ride..!!)..Hopefully A good week end to come…,,Swingn’

Yep Doug has been soooo close so many times he earned it…!! A New England guy Tasca has my vote…(I know he’s a ford guy) Pro stock bike Gauge has this locked in. (The kid can flat out ride..!!)..Hopefully A good week end to come…,,Swingn’

Tasca is on my I hope he loses first round list. No big reason but several small ones.

Well that was some exciting racing. I couldn’t have wished for a better Top Fuel final and I was so happy to see Doug win the well deserved title. I thought Hagar blew his chance but he won another title and Tony Stewart got a nice call from Mopar executives. Erica did what Erica does and after a terrible season start won another title. Pro Stock bike had no surprises.

Couldn't agree more with the Top Fuel outcome. Hagan definitely got lucky Hight/Prock stepped on theirs too. Erica..... Ehhh. Whatever. Not taking anything away from her performance or her team. Agree on bikes.

846BBD45-CDFA-43F0-81A8-672F326C7B38.jpeg

It was a great day. More people at Pomona then I’ve seen in a long time.

I miss the guy on Nitro Mater that used to keep track of the points on the old system.

-
Back