For The Trans Experts

-

Demon416

A-Body
Reaction score
I have a TCI Manual/Auto Valve Body. Part# 122400. It's about 8 years old and never used. It was swapped out of a new TCI A727 trans for a full reverse valve body. I would like to sell it, but appears to have a couple parts missing. (See Photo) I'm not an expert in the auto trans area, and I've talked to TCI directly... they said the 122400 valve body doesn't come with anything other than the large diameter spring. But, the spring and shaft pictured here are in every TCI 122400 manual/auto valve body photo I've seen.

Do any of you transmission guys have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

122400spring.jpg

I haven't had any experience with TCI stuff but I do recognize those parts as being the blocker rod for the accumulator and the spring looks like one for the front servo. As far as relying on photos that's kinda iffy. Allot of times they use generic photos.

I don't doubt the blocker rod is used and quite possibly the extra front servo spring is used. Their 2 popular parts used in allot of shift kits. The blocker rod would be easy to make from a piece of solid rod if you knew the length. I have installed them but never measured them so I don't know how long they are. The spring is another story. Don't know what they used there. It might not even be used in all transmissions cause some had 1 and some had 2 springs in the front servo. They probably send that one in case yours didn't have 2 springs cause you need it to prevent 2nd to 3rd gear shift overlap.

-
Back