Ford 9" in a 70 Dart

-

dtmlevatan

Long time lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals.... wondering if anyone has a narrowed 9" rear end in their Dart and can tell me what length they narrowed it to. My car is mini tubed and I need to know what size tires and rims you used and what back spacing. Also do you center the rear or leave the tubes offset.... Thanks for any help..... DTM

you don't want this

th_whatyoudontwant.jpg

9" ..

I run a factory Ford 9" out of a Lincoln Versaille, a small car on the Granada/ Monarch platform, which is literally a "bolt in" for the Mopar A bodies. The pinion is offset, the spring pad centers are about 1/2" (?) wider than Mopar, and the axle is a little wider. I made up for it with wheel offset. I've forgotten how wide, I'll try 'n find out.

I would NOT use this axle again, if I ever have to rebuild the disc brakes, I'll probably adapt something else, IE Jeep? The parts for these brakes were only made 2-3 years

a9obhs.jpg

i got one in my 70 dart dont remember the length of it... but what i can tell you is i have relocated the springs in, im running 15x10 3.5 Bs and tires are 325 / 50R15
ill get back to you on the length...

Attachments

• image-4188408485.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 242
Hi..... thanks 1mean7Ddart that's what I want to do...... please let me know housing length and what axles you are using. Also where did you get the disk setup? ....... thanks DTM :D

Do you have your wheel/tire combo?

Best to set them in the wells and measure to the mount surfaces.

Thanks for chiming in crackedback ....no I don't have wheels and tires yet as I don't know what to get. It's a 70 Dart that's been mini tubed so how wide can I go? Also what size rims would those tires fit on and what's a reasonable backspace? Soon as I know what to get I can start looking..... thanks :D

I'm in Foristell and I have lots of tire and wheel combinations if you want to try one of these.Guessing can really get you in trouble.Let me know.

Hi d5667.... ya that sounds like a good idea.... we live pretty close.. maybe you can give me some pointers..... I'll PM you my phone number...... DTM :D

mini tubbed 70 dart you can fit a 10 wide wheel. 15x10/17x10 etc.etc. i have 17x11 with 4 1/4" backspace. the tire is a 315/35/17. do you like deep dish, shallow, or what?

absolutely pick your wheel and tires first, then fill the gap....

i like deep dish. :)

23ucvgl.jpg

-
Back