Ford 9 inch rear in a 73 Duster?HELPPP

-

JohnnyJet

Reaction score
Ok my rear needs replacing and the 8 3/4 are priced outta the atmosphere. Soooooooo a friend says a Ford 9 inch will fit. My question is ... which one? Out of what Ford will fit best. Also what is the size of an A-body rear(measurement that is)...I currently have a an E-body rear in my Duster. Any help is greatly appreciated guys.

One of 'em that is much coveted is the one out of the late Linocoln Versaille. Spring pads are on the order of 1/2" wider, as is the wheel - to - wheel flange distance. Pretty much a drop in, adapt the brake lines and 'mergecy brake cables and you're done. Oh, by the way ---it's got REAR DISKS from the factory.

If you have a "big joint" driveline, you can have it shortened, and use a 1/2 Mopar, 1/2 Ford conversion joint.

All you need is axles and a housing. That's going to be cheaper than a 9" build, especially by the time you sell the E-body housing back out.

Almost any 9" deal is going to have to be shortened and have the spring pads moved.

I just read that entire thread and Kudos to all the work put into that build. Im looking for a bolt in and go set up. My issue is that my e-body rear is 1 inch to wide? And my tires hit the wheel lip when I hit bumps. plus I need to change gears from 3.23 to 3.55 or a lil higher. any suggestions cuz Im not sold on puttin ford crap(lol) in my car.

-
Back