-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chep

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Before I buy a new housing an build from scratch I thought I would try here first. I need it to fit under a 73 Dart Sport, with stock leaf springs and stock-ish width. I don't have the skill for a mini tub so I need something essentialy drop it.

Before I buy a new housing an build from scratch I thought I would try here first. I need it to fit under a 73 Dart Sport, with stock leaf springs and stock-ish width. I don't have the skill for a mini tub so I need something essentialy drop it.
I have a couple of 9" housings plus 3rd members. can you give me what width you are looking
for and I will measure them. I will be out of town and unable to measure until next week but if you can give me a idea of you are looking for I will check and let you know.
R BEE

I have a couple of 9" housings plus 3rd members. can you give me what width you are looking
for and I will measure them. I will be out of town and unable to measure until next week but if you can give me a idea of you are looking for I will check and let you know.
R BEE

Thanks, it will take me until this weekend to measure but I will PM you my measurments.

I would prefer the Ford 9" because it's just easier finding stuff for it.

Thanks, it will take me until this weekend to measure but I will PM you my measurments.
Ok sounds good but don't expect to hear back from me until around 12th but I will reply.

Here we go again...

66/67 B body 8 3/4 is a literal drop in.

There's one on Orlando craigslist complete for $150. Been listed three weeks plus.

I know that doesn't really help you but that's an example of what's out there and how much to pay.

Here we go again...

66/67 B body 8 3/4 is a literal drop in.

There's one on Orlando craigslist complete for $150. Been listed three weeks plus.

I know that doesn't really help you but that's an example of what's out there and how much to pay.

I don't want an 8 3/4......

What you want is hard to find......You want Mustang or Lincoln Versailles for width, there may be others

(You can imagine that the 'stang ones are in demand, too!! with Ferd owners)

The upside of the Versailles is that it's within reason for width, and has factory disc brakes, and the mounting pads can be used as is so far as width. I thing the pads are 1/4" wider than stock

Downside of the Versailles is that they must be shimmed for angle, cost a lot, are hard to find, and parts for the disk brakes are getting "dear" to be had.

I don't recall offhand, the exact difference in width between typical A body and the Mustang rear. Some wheels won't fit, and they ARE a tad wider, but not much.

I wend Ferd for the same reason the OP did.......an 8 3/4 is not cheap to be had, you must either redrill an A body or have axles made, and parts are not to be had. There are 20X as many (at least) Ford 9" show up on CL AT LEAST compared to 8 3/4

So, why again does the OP not want an 8 3/4?

Especially if the 66/67 B body unit can be had for under $250 drum to drum and drop in with no mods?

Quick Performance built my 9" housing and axle package for my s-10. Just checked their site. They don't list anything specific for an A body, but they can build you whatever you want if you have the dimensions for them. I was quite happy with their product and customer service.

So, why again does the OP not want an 8 3/4?

Especially if the 66/67 B body unit can be had for under $250 drum to drum and drop in with no mods?

Bullshit is what I say to this. Let's see some CL listings.................

Gk7wdgD.gif

Searchtempest central FL

Looks like someone finally bough that B body unit or the seller got tired of listing it.

I did turn up an A body 8 3/4 with 3.55 for 800 bucks and an 8 1/4 with an uninstalled sure grip for 550.

Last year I bought a drum to drum E body with a 2.76 489 for $100 including the springs and mounts.

I traded it with a 741 center for some 15" rallye wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back