Ford guy helped by Mopar guy...

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
In was parking my van to do a job and noticed a 66 Ranchero with his hood up. I walked over and asked what was wrong. The car reeked of gas so I figured it was a carb issue. Sure enough the carb had flooded and was dripping gas out The boosters. Guy was clueless on a holley so I unscrewed the front needle seat cap and jabbed a piece of #12 ground wire down there and cycled the needle seat a few times. I could feel the float moving so I put the cap screw back on and told e guy to fire it up. Started after a few coughs and settled in to a nice lumpy idle. The guy was happy, relieved that he didnt have to call Dr. Hook. 302. Edelbrock heads, rpm intake and....Mopar ecu off an annhialator coil! I joked that the only reason I helped a Ford guy was because he was running a Mopar ignition...:finga:

I always thought a ford repair kit was bailing wire, not copper wire! :D

The guy didn't even have that but it would have worked too. Worse comes to worse, you could do this with a nickle to unscrew the top and use the insides of a ball point pen to do the same.

Saw a similar sight, my local county bought A BUNCH of F-crap-fifty variations new in 1980 whenever they could afford it' every so often you Find em On the Road Dead.

-
Back