Ford Offers New Deuce Coupes

-
Oh my!!!

Cool.....yes, but it's got a real sniff of $$$ for Ford and that company all over it.

When I was in So. Fla, I had a customer that had 2 original all metal 32's. I hope someone like that will not be hurt when the big money builders start popping these things out everywhere.

Obviously, yall have not priced old rusted all to hell sheet metal.

Nice, But 1. They should have made the three window and 2. 20K is way out of control.

Oh, one more thing since they will be new production they will be classified by the year they are produced. Which means they will have to pass that year emissions, so the engine will have to be the same year or newer.

Yeah... There was an blip about this a few months ago in one of the car mags, Rod and Custom, or Street Rodder. I think it a really cool idea, and $20K for the shell, isn't out of the ball park. Yeah, it's costly, but so are original bodies, that need another $10K in body work.

Obviously, yall have not priced old rusted all to hell sheet metal.

Come on now Sir....you are talking to Mopar folks here....you know the ones that want the manufactures to pay them to use there products....No one is allowed to turn a profit in this world....Would like to see them mass produce a bodyshell for what they feel is a fair price and stay in business....

Come on now Sir....you are talking to Mopar folks here....you know the ones that want the manufactures to pay them to use there products....No one is allowed to turn a profit in this world....Would like to see them mass produce a bodyshell for what they feel is a fair price and stay in business....

I know. I knew it was a stretch that Mopar folks would be happy about anybody makin hot rod stuff, no matter who it was. I think it's great for the hobby. Sucks that it's way outta my price range, but I see it as a real good thing.

Fords going in the right direction while Chrysler I mean Fiat is making this

Attachments

• th2MP8AJYJ.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 343
Pretty cool.

It's funny, though. You can get your hands on roofless roadster bodies for about 13K shipped, made from metal. 20k for a 5 window is a little more to make, even more than a 3 window.

Bodywork has taken a price toll on all classics. I'm working on a 356C right now. I finished the body and paint and I can tell you that it would have been much easier to work on a cabriolet or speedster, than the C/ coupe model, because of the additional amounts of panel beating, leading and prep work it takes to get it right.

Sort of interesting to note, though, the Speedster was the lowest costing Porsche available when they were made, but in today's world, they fetch 2-4x the price of the same year coupe, because of rarity.

If it was in a Beach Boys song or a movie (American Graffiti, Vanishing Point, F&F, ...), it is automatically a popular car, so you must pay to play.

I know. I knew it was a stretch that Mopar folks would be happy about anybody makin hot rod stuff, no matter who it was. I think it's great for the hobby. Sucks that it's way outta my price range, but I see it as a real good thing.

I agree with you, anything that supports the hobby is a good thing, pricey or not... Especially when it's coming from one of the big 3...

I think its great! Bring back real hot rodding. I wish I had the money for the Challenger shell coming out soon.

I've always said were the big three to offer things like this and the gen 1 rustang, gen 1 Camaro, gen 1 Challengers and Cudas with modern drive trains, they could not make enough. I bet the little deuce coup bodies sell so many they cannot keep up production. I sure hope so. What a good sign that would be.

If I was to do one.....This would be my style. With a Flathead and modern FI of course. :D

Attachments

• 32 ford.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 250
-
Back