forged 360 stroker crank-recommendations???

-

dusterdan

Sublime Member
Reaction score
hey guys...here's what i have in mind!
.71' 360 never been apart
.going to buy either 63/65c edelbrock RPM aluminum heads
.looking for pump gas compresion (10.1 or under)
.budget of $2,500 for whole rotating assembly
.want the bottom end VERY stout just in-case latter on i want to add some more power but looking for 425+hp with it NA.
.750cfm demon carb
.full 3" exhaust w/ headers
.edelbrock rpm air-gap intake

what i want to know is what do you guys recommend for a stroker 360 crankshaft? I have definitely decided on forged and the options are K1, Scat, Callies, MP etc.....which one do i choose? (Made in America is a definite PRO!!!)

SCAT, K1, BPE are good pieces.

Any made in America forging is going to cost you at least 1/2 of your rotating assembly budget, maybe more, like all of it.

did the scat crank kit, eddy heads,about the same compression. wish i put more compression 10.5-11.0 with alum heads u can run more. make sure u have the whole rotating assy crank, rods,pistons,balancer,flywheel balanced. makes a world od differance. my 2 cents O72D

Here, hopefully soon, I will be possibly be using the K1 4.250" crankshaft in my 5.9 magnum. Not to sure on how such a long stroke is going to affect the piston riding in the bore or something else catastrophic. Need to find rods and pistons to go with it but like I said hopefully soon I will have an idea on the price and how it will work.

Yup, an all domestic crank will cost...
I have used the mopar cast units in several builds with the cheap eagle rods, diamond pist in the past, good to hi 10s for a few seasons then the rods break. The cheap cast eagle is ok for lo po street use, bends easily and both are a pain to balance. The mopar looks to be made by scat.
I too wanted forged for my newest abomination so opted for the eagle. Nice piece for the $650 +/- went with the scat i beams (my personal preference for rods is an i) and the icon flat top pistons. Going in a .040 340 block, ed heads, *255/*259 .606/,618" solid flat cam w 1.6 sharp rockers.
Have done several 4" stroke motors with wiseco, diamond, and icon pist. Forget (my opinion only) the wiseco.
Diamond are nice for drag motor, but noisy and very little skirt for stability, the lower cyl wear is accelerated a bit.
The icons are quite nice for the $ and have a fair size skirt. Good choice for dual purpose street strip use. They also have reliefs for int and ex valve, unlike the wisco uninotch one slug does it all. fit and finish is comparable to more $ brands. Cant say how these parts will handle n2o or boost as i am strictly all motor guy.
As for the 4.25" crank: does it have the honda or quad 4 rod journal size? Eagle and ohio both have longer (6.2"+) rods avail for the small journal, most likely a chevy pin size. A few inches of block rock in the bottom of water jacket will deff help the lower cyl live longer in the production block.

Yes the K1 crank is fully forged with honda rod journals, measuring 1.890". They also make a 4.180" crankshaft I believe that has a chevy type rod journal size of 2.000". The K1 crankshafts sell for 695 at Campbell Enterprise.

I had looked at campbell and ohio before buying my latest rot assy. Opted to stick with the 4" as long as i'm using a stock block. Figured an r3 would handle the longer strokes much better than even the best factory unit.

Made from 4340 Forgings
-Core Hardened
-Nitrided
-Magnetic Partical Inspected
-Feature Straight Oiling
-Standard 6-Bolt Mopar Flange
-.125" radius fillets throughout

Available in the following Stroke/Journal Combinations:

340 main/2.125"rods-4.00" stroke
360 mains/2.125"rods-4.00" stroke
340 mains/2.100"rods-4.00" stroke
360 mains/2.100"rods-4.00" stroke
340 mains/2.00"rods-4.125" stroke
360 mains/2.00"rods-4.125" stroke

$629.00 +shipping Michigan residents add sales tax.

Please contact me at [email protected]

-
Back