Forgot to introduce myself

-

valiantpatrol

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm Steve from Arizona and I joined up about a month ago. My handle valiant patrol comes from my car, a 1976 Valiant police car. Its has engine e58 and police package a38. All original, well used. Has been a great car. Bracket winner, grocery getter, and fun in the twisties. I think I attached a pic of it here.

DSCN0221.jpg

Hey Kewl we have two police package a bodies here now,7071dartgtreg has one also!!

i think that's a pretty special car you have there i had an old police car it rode a little ruff but handled like a vette.welcome to fabo.

Welcome. You have a better car than the officers have today.

Thanks for all the kind words of welcome. I was excited to see that some of you mentioned that there are other "A" body police car survivors out there. I'd like to start restifying it but its low on the priority list in the current economic climate, especially since I can still enjoy driving it.

Yes Welcome to FABO Steve. :cheers:
The same here Steve, I'd like to start restifying it but its low on the priority list, especially since I can still enjoy driving it =P~
Keep us updated and enjoy this great site

Whats in it,done to it?
How fast down the 1/4?

Welcome by the way!

Cool crook chaser!

Hey Kewl we have two police package a bodies here now,7071dartgtreg has one also!!

1st of all; Welcome to FABO!
Nice car!

Woo Hooo! Another A Body cop car!!!!

Then let me correct waggin; My '74 Dart is NOT an A38 car. I wish it was.
They only made A38 A Bodies in 1976.
Does yours have a Certified 140 Speedometer in her?
Where did your car retire from?
Looks like they were stuck on the Parchement paint color in AZ.
Actually I would love to see pics of everything!

Later,
Bruce B.

PS: Here is the link to mine: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=43689

yet another 76 valiant shows up on fabo,that makes 2 this week that i know of. i also would like to see more pics. does it have a rear sway bar? what kind of rearend?

Thanks for all the positive comments. To answer some questions, the car came from Ojai, California. City auction with no history. Car has a certified 120 mph speedometer. No major mods. E58 360 is as delivered with the addition of dual cats and exhaust. Trans has been rebuilt with a shift kit. Rear end was an 8.25 with 3:21 ratio. I'm runnung a 2:41 ratio 8.25 at the moment. Front brakes updated to "C" body rotors. Car does have its original rear sway bar. Original color was white (one color only), the parchment tan is a low quality repaint. Best ET was 14.99 at Brotherhood Raceway in Los Angeles Harbor. Has been a great car to own. I've rallied it, auto crossed it, and bracket raced it. It has been a very competitive vehicle in every race type/class.

Reading through one of the above links, came across the ad for the pursuit package and wondered what the HD lower control arms and rear spring lowered front eye attachment looks like. Any chance you might be able to snap a picture of those?

Thanks!

-
Back