former ford technician.

-

kramdua

Reaction score
i worked as a ford technician for 28 years. i was a ford man. the dealers expected you to drive fords. fords on race day and all that.
i retired and the first thing i wanted was a hot rod. i am now free to buy what i wanted. i bought a 1966 dodge dart 270 v8 auto. it is a great car and i've been working and restoring it to be what i wanted.
i appreciate the forum and use the great amount of info to my advantage.
thanks,
mark

Welcome! The pro I worked under would not drive the same brand as where he worked. He did not want them thinking he was "taking" anything home. Funny world.

I installed the 67 B body 8 3/4 axle into my Duster in a fomoco service bay on a slow Saturday circa 1993.

Three of our group of Mopar crowd guys worked there.
Service writer- drove a 64 Polara at the time, then a ex-cop Diplomat.
Parts counter guy- drove a 70 Swinger with a 440 (he did also drive a fairly hard core built fox body mustang).
Mechanic- drove an Aspen R/T and then a 72 Duster with a transplanted 5.2 Magnum.

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup: . When you start paying for Mopar restoration parts, you're gonna' wish you kept the Ford.

giphy.gif

I love Fords too. Old ones. I have a 75 F250HD with the Camper Special package.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal!
I've owned a couple of Ford pickups in the past. First a '69 F250 Camper Special that originally belonged to my grandpa, then a '79 F250 Camper Special Supercab. Both were great.

i worked as a ford technician for 28 years. i was a ford man. the dealers expected you to drive fords. fords on race day and all that.
i retired and the first thing i wanted was a hot rod. i am now free to buy what i wanted. i bought a 1966 dodge dart 270 v8 auto. it is a great car and i've been working and restoring it to be what i wanted.
thanks,
mark

Welcome aboard!

thanks,
mark
Welcome to FABO. And welcome to the early A Body club. There are a lot of owners here so there to answer your questions. I have s 66 Dart myself. Owned it for years. A fun car.

Only ford I've ever owned-

1707838499625.png

Circa 1991. Original paint, 351C-4v, shaker hood, console, AC.

The cowl vents were rusted out and the floor boards were starting to go.
I was paying more in storage per year than what I paid for the car, but still couldn't afford to fix it "right".
Behind my current 73 Satellite, it was the nicest old car I've ever owned.
I sold that, my Duster, and my Super Bee within a year or two of each other to focus on work, and because I basically had no inside storage.

Only ford I've ever owned-

View attachment 1716206553

Circa 1991. Original paint, 351C-4v, shaker hood, console, AC.

BTW- that's what happens when your film developer (remember those) has a policy to "auto crop" every image.

I guess 99.9% of their customers couldn't fill the frame and no one bothered to check to see if a crop was actually necessary.

thanks,
mark
Welcome onboard and enjoy!

-
Back