Fort Belvoir....Mopars!!

-

John Morrow

Mopars and Harleys
Reaction score
Took a little trip last week to Fort Belvoir V.A. so my daughter could see her boyfriend. We trailered the bike out so she would have something to drive and we could take a bike trip down the coast.:cheers:
Anyway...... while riding off the base I saw a 71-72 Road Runner/GTX ...beautiful car, of course no camera, and he was going the other way on to base, a day or so later I saw a 70-72 Dart Swinger kinda brownish copperish in color. I don't know if they were stationed there or visiting, but I thought how cool it would be to have your Mopar with you there, it would be like an old friend there with you.
:D
I was wondering .....Anybody else have there cars with them on a military base. ????
:D
Oh ya, had a good time ....put about 1200 miles on my new Ultra that only had 121 miles when we took off, so its due for its first check up already...lol.
Went From Fort Belvoir V.A. to Norfolk V.A. to Kill Devil Hills, N.C , Nags Head, to Emerald Isle. N.C. and mostly stayed off the Interstate.

I work on Fort Belvoir and I occasionally drive our car to work.

...these fellow might work there also ....I never seen them after that day.

should have stopped by. I live 20 miles from there.

....I often wonder as we are riding just how many FABO members I could be riding by..... I'm always looking in garage's as we take long ride around the country.

...these fellow might work there also ....I never seen them after that day.

....I often wonder as we are riding just how many FABO members I could be riding by..... I'm always looking in garage's as we take long ride around the country.

I haven't seen the two mopars you mentioned before, but yesterday I saw a real nice silver w/black stripes 72 SS Chevelle. I've seen this car a few times here on base.

I haven't seen the two mopars you mentioned before, but yesterday I saw a real nice silver w/black stripes 72 SS Chevelle. I've seen this car a few times here on base.

Funny you say that....... On the way home I spoke with a man who was on his way from N.C. to Oregon with his Chevelle, (It was metallic brown with white stripes ) He and his wife are Navy and were getting sent over sea's and he was taking it to his dads for safe keeping. ..... N.C. to Oregon ...wow, what a trip that would be ...wife, kid, dog and pulling a car.

I was born there!

....Dewitt ? unfortunately we were there for a hour or so...... the person we went to see wasn't looking to good so he went to get checked out and found he had Mersa ( spelling ?? ) a blood poison? Anyway he spent 2 days in there and is doing fine now, but is have to be Recycled ....back into the classes he just took....which is B.S. as far as Im concerned ..... :wack:

yep!I'd post a copy of my B/C, but that would make me vulnerable.ha ha ha!lol

since you went south and not on 95 im sure you went down route 1, did you see quantico marine base? well we have alot of mopars down here a, b and e body. you might have seen that blue c body sitting on route 1 before the base the guy wants $4500 for , has low mileage 440 in it.

I did take route 1, and I remember catching a glimpse of a big blue mopar for sale, I ask my wife about it, she said ...what car... I said never mind..](*,)...lol ..after riding a long while you kinda forget where you were when you saw something.
We rode right past Grave Diggers garage .... and I cannot remember where that was.
I glanced over one time to see a lawn table with two or three Knights in Armor standing around the table.....

-
Back